[SOLVED] Random Hard Freezing

Nov 4, 2019
Hi There,

I've been tasked in fixing my friends PC and I havent been able to find whats wrong with it.

The problem is that it will randomly freeze for no reason at all, most of the time this occurs during Youtube videos or other video streaming, other times it will happen while playing certain games, other times it will just happen while staring at the desktop.

I have tried to re-install windows a few times as well as updating drivers. I have a feeling it could be the ram, but ive also ran memtest overnight with no issues. The setup is:

Windows 10 - 64bit
AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics 11
Gigabyte AB350M-Gaming
Gigabyte geforce gtx 1060 3gb
8gb single channel ram 17,17,17,39

Ive tried using event viewer to check what is causing the hard freeze, but I dont seem to get any useful information from the logs (so i think).

Im not sure how to de-bug this correctly, and I dont have any spare parts to swap out apart from an older 1050ti I have laying around.

Solution
Hi There,

I've been tasked in fixing my friends PC and I havent been able to find whats wrong with it.

The problem is that it will randomly freeze for no reason at all, most of the time this occurs during Youtube videos or other video streaming, other times it will happen while playing certain games, other times it will just happen while staring at the desktop.

I have tried to re-install windows a few times as well as updating drivers. I have a feeling it could be the ram, but ive also ran memtest overnight with no issues. The setup is:

Windows 10 - 64bit
Gigabyte AB350M-Gaming

Ive tried using event viewer to check...
Nov 4, 2019
What is the make/model of the PSU?

Does the system work properly when the GTX 1060 is removed and it uses the integrated video adapter?
The PSU is a EVGA 550 G2.

Im currently running the PC using the integrated graphics, but due to how random the crashes are (sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes more than a day) I wont be sure anything is 'working' for a while.

EDIT: It froze after removing the 1060 and using the integrated graphics after about 5 minutes.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2019
Hi There,

Windows 10 - 64bit
Gigabyte AB350M-Gaming

Ive tried using event viewer to check what is causing the hard freeze, but I dont seem to get any useful information from the logs (so i think).

Im not sure how to de-bug this correctly, and I dont have any spare parts to swap out apart from an older 1050ti I have laying around.

UPDATE: Fixed the issue by updating the motherboard from the F10 verison to the F42d version. I also re-installed windows.

Solution