Question Random high temperatures on RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition

Sep 3, 2019
Hi all,

Recently without having changed anything to any settings nor having downloaded any weird software. My GPU fan speeds started going haywire with up to 4.5k rpm. After it happening several times I decided to check what was going on and quickly realised that my GPU was reaching temperatures between 81 and 83 degrees whenever the fans would ramp up.
I decided to try fix the issue by turning the case fan speeds up, even though these were all set to about 1000RPM before while this issue had never occured. I set custom fan profiles and nothing seems to work, until at one point it kind of just did. My GPU temperature did not seem to go over 67, fans were at stock 1.5k rpm and I played with that for several hours before closing down my pc and heading to bed.

Today, after waking up and playing some Witcher 3, sadly, the old issue has returned. My GPU temperature quickly ramps up to 84 degrees and now not only all 4 of my case fans but also my GPU every other 3 seconds go completely wild.

The software I used to manage fan speeds are NZXT CAM, ASUS Ai Suite 3, and MSI Afterburner

I am not the biggest nerd when it comes to fans, speeds they should run at and how it all works so if any further information is required, feel free to ask.

I am hoping someone on the forums here is able to help me out with this random event.

(Possibly) Necessary specs:
NZXT S340 Elite Case
ASUS B450 F GAMING Motherboard
RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition
Ryzen 7 2700x @ 4 GHz
NZXT Kraken X52 Cooler
2x Intake - NZXT Aer P120 mounted on the radiator of the Kraken
2x Exhaust - NZXT Aer F120

PS. Cables are as neatly managed as possible and absolutely dont obstruct airflow.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS