Question Random Horizontal line of pixels my Monitor sometimes displays completely wrong colors

Apr 11, 2019
I have this problem now for 4 Months, and while it doesn't appear frequently when it does it makes me go half crazy since it can happen 1-30 times in a row.
It mostly seems to happen during video playback, however it is hard to proof anything with a problem as inconsistent as this.
I changed the cable and tried a few GPU stress tests, however this didn't seem to fix or recreate the problem.
Also there aren't any other problems that are really standing out to me, my system may sometimes get a little heated but that's it.
If anyone has any idea what it could be, especially software wise I would really appreciate it.

Also to further clarify the problem:
Sometimes one random horizontal single row of pixels of my Monitor will display wrong colours(can be white, rainbow, green, blue),
this can sometimes affect the whole row or only half of the row.
Most of my system is pretty stable and nowhere near full utilisation.

Specs, maybes there is something here:
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC
CPU: Intel Core i5-9600K
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX LP schwarz DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16 Dual Kit (2 times)
GPU: 8GB Gainward GeForce RTX 2080 Phantom GLH Aktiv
Power supply: 600 Watt be quiet! Pure Power 11 CM Modular 80+ Gold
Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2
1000GB PNY XLR8 CS3030
Monitor: 27" (68,58cm) Acer B7 B277Ubmiipprzx

Though the Monitor is something different with 1x Mini DP, 2x HDMI, 1x DP, but other than that everything is the same

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS