[SOLVED] Random horizontal lines appearing on screen ?

May 20, 2021
Hey everyone!
This started happening few days ago, Some random colored horizontal lines would be appearing on my monitor screen on my pc. They would be mostly purple or pink in color but would appear in other colors too and they would just randomly pop somewhere on the screen. First I thought it was monitor cable being loose or something but that is not the problem. So can someone tell me what the problem could be in here and what I can do to fix it? Thank you very much!
Here are my specs:

• Fujitsu B19-6 LED (with DVI Cable from monitor to gpu)
  • Radeon R9 290X
  • 12GB DDR3 RAM
  • 250GB HDD
  • 650W PSU
  • i7 870 CPU
  • Windows 7 (someone might say "thats because you are using windows 7" but no its not because few days ago I was using Windows 10 and the reason I downgraded to Windows 7 was because of those lines popping on my screen so I thought it was OS related issue but its not so yea...this is happening on fresh system)
Here is a video on how they look when suddenly appearing and being on screen. One is already on the right side of the screen and other appears for a second and then dissapears on left side of the screen. https://streamable.com/hvh7h6

Solution
It was due to faulty cable, since my computer is so near the wall, one end of the cable got crooked and when I fixed it a bit, those lines never appeared again. I should change the cable but since it's working for now I guess it's all good.
May 20, 2021
It was due to faulty cable, since my computer is so near the wall, one end of the cable got crooked and when I fixed it a bit, those lines never appeared again. I should change the cable but since it's working for now I guess it's all good.

Solution