Random Horizontal Red Lines On Display

GunnyD

Commendable
Nov 18, 2016
Built a desktop at the beginning of the year, and luckily haven't had really any issue over the months until today, suddenly i'm getting these horizontal red lines across my display. It started when in the middle of a game but now is still happening even at idle. I've even tried making sure my gpu and ram are properly set, and installing the newest drivers, nothing has seemed to solve the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Could be a failing video card, power supply, too much heat, driver/windows issue. Would help if you listed some details about the computer. Did you check temps while gaming? Best way to test a card is try it in another system with a known good power supply and see if issue follows the card.

GunnyD

Commendable
Nov 18, 2016

just for reference I'm using an EVGA G2 750W psu, but after a second attempt at reseating the gpu, which also for reference is an asus 1070, and my ram sticks, the problem seems to have gone away for the moment. I'll update this post further if the problem comes back. Though I do appreciate the various points you listed for me to check if the issue resurfaces.

GunnyD

Commendable
Nov 18, 2016
Okay, so with further use, it started up again, but now only when I start a game, specifically Civilizations 6, after a restart everything is fine, but as soon as I start the game, the red lines start flashing randomly again. would this be a graphics issue? or perhaps the game is suddenly corrupt to some degree and is causing odd graphics glitches?

Test the system for a while with different games, maybe run through 3DMark also. If the issue is with only a single game, it is more likely something with the drivers than physical damage to the card.

Nothing is overclocked correct?

GunnyD

Commendable
Nov 18, 2016
The processor is overclocked, but only by 7%, could that possibly be it? I always figured that it was too miniscule an amount to really cause problems.

max_s90psn

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017
You are not the only one, I too have this problem, had it on boot, now sometimes happens when I play warframe or cs:go. I did tons of stress tests on the gpu and nothing appeared, I'm trying to roll back the drivers. Have you found some more information on this?

daj5karata

Prominent
Oct 22, 2017
I have it too...are all of you guys that have this problem running windows 10? i just upgraded to windows 10 few days ago, havent had this problem on 7....now i get these random flickering horizontal red lines at random....could it be a recent windows 10 update?

max_s90psn

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017
I have windows 8.1. I've red that the 385.69 Nvidia driver was causing this issue on startup, updating to the new one fixed the startup lines, but I still have them in some games.

cfl

Prominent
Oct 22, 2017

I'm having the same problem,
horizontal red lines who appears on the black parts of the screen.

It just started to show up this afternoon, was playing Shadow of war for a couple hours, left the pc, came back and it was there.

I rebooted, changed the HDMI output, still the same, it seems very random as it showed up again while I was playing and went away., then it came back while I was browsing the net .
PSU is fine, GPU temp is the same as always, never goes more than 55 ° C.

I'm on W10 and I run an ASUS 1060 DUAL-GTX1060-O6G, currently on the 385.41, I'm about to install the 387.92.

Since you're running with an Asus as well, I'm having a bit of hope that it's not the gpu who's dying.

Wait and see..

GunnyD

Commendable
Nov 18, 2016
Yeah random things here and there have temporarily fixed the issue, like setting the Output Dynamic Range to Full, reseating my ram and gpu, but nothing permanently gets rid of it. Now it happens on browser pages, during videos, in just about any game. For reinstalling the graphics drivers, would going to the device manager and uninstalling them from there, then going back to GeForce Experience to reinstall it work? or would I have to manually download it from the site? I currently am at the 387.92 update on my 1070 as well if that helps clarify anything.

GunnyD

Commendable
Nov 18, 2016
would anyone be able to answer if my idea for reinstalling the gpu drivers would work? or at least if that would be the proper way to reinstall drivers?