Random increase in cpu temps every second

Mullac_1

Commendable
Aug 10, 2016
Hello!
I have just recently realized through msi afterburner and realtemp that my cpu temps go crazy even though i have nothing running and its on idle. The temps are fine for the inital startup, around 27-30 when i start the pc for the mobo, after around 5 mins then the mobo temp goes straight to 40 degrees and lingers there when it should be still at 30. cpu is the same and initially lingers around 25-32 degrees, after 5 mins it shoots up to around 40 then back down to 30 and keeps going up and down no matter what process i close! Playing games is fine and nothing goes crazy high, cpu at about 45 degrees during heaven benchmark and using 30-40 percent. gpu 65 degrees. Here is a pic. http://imgur.com/gallery/zZVt0

My Rig:
Intel i7-4790k 4ghz
GTX 980ti
Msi gaming 5 mobo z97

Much appreciate the help :)

Solution
I would suspect some malware in your system although those jumps are not excessive. Every OS does some things under the hood even when "nothing is happening", that you can see.
Follow CPU usage with a program and see if temp raise and CPU usage are coinciding.
I would suspect some malware in your system although those jumps are not excessive. Every OS does some things under the hood even when "nothing is happening", that you can see.
Follow CPU usage with a program and see if temp raise and CPU usage are coinciding.

Solution

Mullac_1

Commendable
Aug 10, 2016

I have just updated windows and one of the updates was to do with security and it has stopped jumping around! back to normal now :)