Random internet disconnection.

ririx4268

Commendable
Oct 9, 2018
hey there,
as the title says, i have been experiencing random disconnection from the interent (throughout using wifi and/or Ethernet) when using the laptop.
things i have noticed to troubleshoot this :
-the router's internet bulb would still shine.
-it does not occur if i was only using my phone/tablet.
-it usually occurs right after logging out/closing an online game (happened with different games before) and long browsing/searching sessions (on laptop only)
-the browser says something about a DNS error, instead of a bland "no access to the internet", even though i manually made sure that the dns is acquired automatically on the driver settings.
-it is fixed if i disconnect the laptop's from the router (from both Ethernet and wifi), and reconnect it again after 1~10 minutes.
-once the laptop does that, i wouldnt be able to connect from phone or tablet either, until the disconnection method ^ has been done.

from a little bit of other troubleshooting methods i've done, i am 90% certain its the laptops fault,
but i'm wondering what might be the cause?
my antivirus is malwarebytes, and the only other program that has the ability to block my laptop's connection (as far as i can tell) is glasswire, but i've had both for a while before this started happening.
help is highly appreciated!

ririx4268

Commendable
Oct 9, 2018

Its a TP-Link W8691, and has been updated manually to the lateset firmware.
even though the problem didnt occur anytime directly prior/post the update.
i am not sure on how to check for BIOS updates for my laptop, but windows updates are up-to date.
the only thing i can think of that i messed with during the time the problem popped up in is my network adapters, but i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling them, which sets them to their default settings, but it hasnt fixed the issue.
its honestly pretty weird and really, really hard (seemingly impossible) to debug it since i cant make the computer do it on purpose, just happens randomly.