[SOLVED] Random internet disconnects while gaming

Oct 13, 2020
I have recently been experiencing random network disconnects especially while gaming. Since its a multiplayer game, (Valorant and Rocket League) I will have to completely disconnect back to the main menu and rejoin the game. This will happen 4 or 5 times every game. Whats interesting is that browsing the internet is fine and I never experience these problems.

BTW. I use a netgear powerline 1000v2 and xfinity internet. The powerline is technically an ethernet connection

From the beginning using these two I never had any problems and had very good connection. Its only the last month that i have been experiencing this issue.

any help or troubleshooting ideas would be great

Solution
I dont believe there is a event log for this netgear device. I also dont know how to check the router log.
Check the manual how to get into the netgear and router
You can just enter the ip address of the netgear or router to get into its menu

Any additional connected device to the power grid in your home can alter the quality of the powerline connection. Try connecting your pc directly to the router

Check your firewall and antivirus
Firewall is set to private and not public?

Reinstall the LAN driver of your system

Ask your isp for support: they can check the internet connection remotely
Oct 13, 2020
This is not necessarily correct. When they have a good connection, powerlines are typically as stable as a wired connection, just not full gigabit bandwidth.

My internet speeds are consistently decent. Its only when i play games. I dont lag per say, i just randomly disconnect from lobbies, I play on NA East servers as im from chicago. Used to never have this issue till recently and only in Valorant and Rocket League

I dont believe there is a event log for this netgear device. I also dont know how to check the router log.
Check the manual how to get into the netgear and router
You can just enter the ip address of the netgear or router to get into its menu

Any additional connected device to the power grid in your home can alter the quality of the powerline connection. Try connecting your pc directly to the router

Check your firewall and antivirus
Firewall is set to private and not public?

Reinstall the LAN driver of your system

Ask your isp for support: they can check the internet connection remotely

Solution