• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Random Lag and Freezing... Help!

Ian_PK

Reputable
May 26, 2016
For the past month or so, I've had this persisting issue with my PC where it'll start lagging excessively, pretty much to the point of being unusable. The mouse movement is completely behind and everything takes nearly a minute to actually happen after my input. Audio is also totally corrupted and laggy.
This usually starts when I open File Explorer or try to download something, which made me think it was possibly an indexing issue, but sometimes it can start randomly and sometimes I'll open and close File Explorer several times with no issues only for it to suddenly start lagging up out of nowhere later on. In fact, it worked 2 days straight with no issues last week, and then this started happening again... it's seemingly random and incredibly frustrating. Additionally, it almost always seems to go away when I enter Airplane mode. I've tried numerous fixes, run various tests, and everything seems to be working fine, but it just... isn't. I'm at a total loss here, so any help would be appreciated.

Specs:
Windows 10 Pro (Update 2004)
AMD FX-8350
GTX 760
8GB (2x4) DDR3 RAM
Gigabyte FXA-UD3 Rev. 4.0 Motherboard

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS