Random Lag Spikes in any game

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark1ds

Reputable
Jul 18, 2014
I have random lag spikes, when im playing through wifi, the laptop im on is a MSI GE60 2PC Apache-254XPT. and my router is technicolor tg784n v3 .
My operating system is Windows 7 x64.
Its not programs that im running because i tried playing with wifi, and with network cable , with the same exact programs open.
It happens in any game i play, and i get lag spikes whenever im using wifi, but with the cable i dont have any at all.
And using always a network cable is out of question, i really need to use the internet by wifi.
my ISP is Meo , 30mbs down fiber.
If you need anything more please ask.
Thanks for your help.

Solution
It sounds like you are getting interference on your Wifi. If you are using 2.4Ghz wifi make sure your router is set to only channels 1, 6, or 11 (with channels 1 or 11 having the best chance of not having interference). I would try each one and see which is best. You could also get a program like inSSIDer that will show you all the wireless networks in your area and what channel they are on so you can try to set yours to a channel that has less interference. Remember, though, only use channels 1, 6, or 11 on the 2.4Ghz band (all others overlap and at best would be the same as 1, 6, or 11 and could be much worse).
It sounds like you are getting interference on your Wifi. If you are using 2.4Ghz wifi make sure your router is set to only channels 1, 6, or 11 (with channels 1 or 11 having the best chance of not having interference). I would try each one and see which is best. You could also get a program like inSSIDer that will show you all the wireless networks in your area and what channel they are on so you can try to set yours to a channel that has less interference. Remember, though, only use channels 1, 6, or 11 on the 2.4Ghz band (all others overlap and at best would be the same as 1, 6, or 11 and could be much worse).

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.