[SOLVED] Random Memory Management BSODs often accompanied with boot loops until RAM is reseated

Solid_Snake3

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2012
So the title pretty much says all of it. I've gotten random BSODs since the day I built this PC 7 years ago, although the code has changed over time. The most frustrating one is the one I'm consistently getting today, especially because I'm in college now. It's a Memory Management BSOD, and the only thing they can tell me is that it might be a RAM issue. Now, I've had the same set since I made the PC, and memtest always returns 0 errors, so I'm at a loss. I really suspect it's the memory, however, I'm not sure. Sometimes, it won't boot anymore from sleep, or after restarting, and I just hear the clicking noise my harddrive makes when my PC reboots (no POST) and it stays in the boot loop until I take out 3 of my 4 RAM sticks, and then it works fine. Putting back all 4 sticks afterward works as they should.

The only things that have changed are my CPU and motherboard, but that happened 6 years ago, however, the BSODs I got back then were different. Today, something weird happened that may be of significance. My PC just suffered through two blackouts, and, you guessed it, it fell into a boot loop. I took out one stick, and then my PC would get stuck on code C0 and keep beeping at me until I shut it off. Removing 3 sticks again fixed the issue. My motherboard is a Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7, which has a little debug LED on the board. Here are my specs:

Intel i7 4790k
Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 motherboard
EVGA GTX 1080
16GB Gskill Ripjaws (4x4)
Corsair CX500

It's well cooled with 5 fans total, and the components are getting a bit dated, with the GTX 1080 being the only thing that's not over 6 years old (5 years old max, since I got this used and idk when the previous owner got it). Any ideas on what could be wrong or what I could try? Thanks!

Solution
Hello Solid_Snake3!

Try This Steps And About This Error
The dreaded BSOD (blue screen of death), also known as "blue screen shots", are the way the Windows operating system has to tell us that something is wrong, and that "something" is usually related to hardware or device drivers / firmware. In this case, if you have a blue screen that has an error related to "Memory management", we will teach you why it happens and what you can do to fix it.

In this case, as you will guess by the name, BSOD Memory Management has a lot to do with the RAM system, but be careful, as this may not be the only cause, and now we will explain it to you.

Windows 10 has a built-in tool to check the status of RAM. Just click on the Start button and type...
May 6, 2021
Hello Solid_Snake3!

Try This Steps And About This Error
The dreaded BSOD (blue screen of death), also known as "blue screen shots", are the way the Windows operating system has to tell us that something is wrong, and that "something" is usually related to hardware or device drivers / firmware. In this case, if you have a blue screen that has an error related to "Memory management", we will teach you why it happens and what you can do to fix it.

In this case, as you will guess by the name, BSOD Memory Management has a lot to do with the RAM system, but be careful, as this may not be the only cause, and now we will explain it to you.

Windows 10 has a built-in tool to check the status of RAM. Just click on the Start button and type "Windows Memory Diagnostic" or even "mdsched" (it's the name of the executable).

Solution