Random Mouse Clicking

Votum123

Commendable
Jan 9, 2017
I noticed this problem where I would have random mouse clicks that last for about 1-5 minutes about 5 months ago. I thought it was a mouse problem, so I replaced my old one with a newer model. The problem was still there, so I reinstalled my mouse drivers and windows mouse drivers to see if it was a software problem. However that did not solve my problem and I have no idea what could be the problem. The problem only started happening when I replaced my hard drive and got a fresh install of windows. I'd rather avoid clearing both of my hard drives, but if it comes to it then I might have to.

The mouse I'm using is the Steelseries Rival 600.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Steelseries released new version of Steelseries Engine 3 today, version 3.31.1... it includes a new version of firmware for the Rival 600 but I flashed mine a few hours ago and something went wrong, and mouse stopped working completely. I thought i had turned it into a plastic paperweight.

I contacted support and they sent me a bat file that fixed mouse, I was relieved. I may have just been unlucky but I would hold off installing it for a while, just in case.

So was the old mouse also Steelseries or another brand? Are you running steelseries engine as that mouse doesn't really need it loaded, since profiles stored onboard.

Are you sure its mouse? have you tried running in a clean boot and see if it still happens.

Votum123

Commendable
Jan 9, 2017

Sorry for the late response, but yes the previous mouse was Steelseries as well. The problem can still happen when the mouse is unplugged, so I'd say it's something wrong with software. I've checked my USB ports and they are fine. I will uninstall the engine for a day and see if the problem continues.

Colif

Win 11 Master
if it happens without mouse attached, its likely another program. they can emulate mouse clicks, what keyboard are you using?

try running a clean boot - read instructions and make sure not to disable any Windows services or it may not boot right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if that stops it, slowly add programs and services back to running at startup (over time) and see if you can identify the guilty party

run AV & malwarescans