Random multiplayer freezing

Sir SuperNoob404

Reputable
Aug 14, 2014
I am experiencing random freezes mid multiplayer and sometimes singleplayer in newer first person shooters. These freezes last for a second or less, but are quite annoying mid game. No frame rate drop and there doesnt seem to be any pattern to the occurrences.
The two games I'm currently having issues with are Call of Duty WWII and Battelfield 5. I play Battelfield 4 and Doom and do not have these issues.
Graphics level does not seem to effect the frequency either.
I have a Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Mobo, 8GB of corsair vengence RAM, an Intel 4790 i7 processor, and a EVGA GTX970SC video card.
I have run disk defragment, CCleaner, and every other disk cleanup program I have. I have the latest graphics driver installed as well, and it was done with a clean install.

Any ideas?

Sir SuperNoob404

Reputable
Aug 14, 2014
I was curious I'd that was the problem, so earlier today I order 16GB of ram. We shall see if that fixes it.
My only other suspicion is that the GTX970 only has 3.5GB of vram. I suppose I could be running out of that.

With 70% RAM usage I’d expect Windows could be caching to the HDD/SSD which can cause stuttering. Also if VRAM usage is close to 4gb then that would also cause stuttering. As for the 3.5gb claimed issue with the 970 I never saw any reputable review showing there was a genuine issue, it was a lot of noise of nothing.