Sep 15, 2022
Hi All, I am having issues where, I am receiving random BSOD with no apparent pattern. Most of the time the dump files are not generated, however a couple of times a dump was generated (The error was - CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION). I have also received other errors, like WHEA_UNCORRECTIBLE_ERROR, Critical Process Died. There are also instances where the screen would just froze and nothing happens, in such cases I have to manually restart the PC.
Based on internet research these error seems to be a corrupted hardware, but I need someone to analyze the dump files and share the insights which component could be an issue. My PC is fairly new (its been a year and half since I built it).

Processor: Ryzen 3900X
Mobo: Gigabyte Vision D B550
Ram - 16 gb * 4 TFORCE Teamgroup Xtreem ARGB 3600 Mhz.
Graphics: Geforce RTX 3070 Gigabyte Vision
Cooler: AMD Stock Cooler
SSD: Samsung 980 pro 2 TB (Primary)and Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1 TB (Secondary)

Link to dumpfiles - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gnY7XxeHsiHGNHr_OLZXjyIjfRW32Gc7?usp=sharing
Thanks

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
2 dumps adding up to 5gb is a bit much to download, I might do one later and see if it includes anything other than 1 record.

I know its not always making one but can you set this up just in case as minidumps only a few mb and contains most of into.

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Clock Watchdog and WHEA errors are errors called by CPU but not necessarily caused by it.

Do you have newest BIOS on motherboard?

I would be tempted to run this:
Prime 95 - https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/prime95-download.html
Prime 95 how to Guide: http://www.playtool.com/pages/prime95/prime95.html

Try running Magician on both ssd - https://semiconductor.samsung.com/consumer-storage/support/tools/ - has tests inside for SMART and diagnostics.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Conversion of dumps

report - Click run as fiddle to see report

File: DPC_WATCHDOG.DMP (Sep 5 2022 - 22:05:36)
BugCheck: [DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime: 2 Day(s), 6 Hour(s), 11 Min(s), and 31 Sec(s)

Alas, it only includes one. I downloaded the 2gb file

That one blames the Nvidia drivers
try running DDU in safe mode, remove Nvidia drivers, boot back into normal mode and either:
  1. Get new drivers from Nvidia or
  2. Run windows update and let it find older Nvidia drivers that might be more stable.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2022
Thank you for the reply, I have set the dump generation to mini dumps. The DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION occurred when the system was idle. I did not have any open applications except the browser, discord and steam. Anyways, will perform clean install of the NVIDIA drivers and run DDU. Will share the small dumps for a future BSOD hopefully they will be generated. (Most of the time the random BSOD wont generate a dump file, I was just lucky that these 2 files were generated) .
I had executed Prime 95 earlier for 10 hours but no error as such was identified.

Colif

Win 11 Master
One reason for not getting dumps is changing page file, but yours does produce them sometimes, so that isn't reason.
Another possible reason is its caused by the actual drive you record them on.
You could try moving page file onto 2nd drive and see if that makes any difference

Your description doesn't match reality
8192MB2400MHzUnknownTEAMGROUP-UD4-3600
16384MB2400MHzUnknownTEAMGROUP-UD4-3600
8192MB2400MHzUnknownTEAMGROUP-UD4-3600
16384MB2400MHzUnknownTEAMGROUP-UD4-3600

How long you been mixing ram for? If BSOD started happening around same time,
Try taking 1 set out and see if BSOD continue
Mixing ram can cause BSOD. Not so much on Intel but Ryzen doesn't like it so much

might be same stick speeds but not same sets. Sticks in sets only tested to work with other sticks in that set. More you add, more chance of errors.

Sep 15, 2022
Hi,

Sorry about that, The ram kit was two set of kits 16 * 2 and 8 * 2 - 3600 Mhz (on OC). (The second kit size slipped from my mind)
The BSODS were happening before I added the second kit. I bought the second kit to test the possibility of RAM Error. I had tested for each individual stick, all together and each kit separately. I read over the web, sticks of the same company and same speed does work together I bought the 8*2 kit as I didn't need an upgrade, just wanted to test the system.
But the issue was not resolved. One more thing to add, this issue is persistent, but whenever I perform a clean installation of the system it goes away for a while and comes back right again.
During the last clean installation, I removed the Rog AIO Cooler and installed the AMD stock cooler. Performed A Bios Update (To an older version as I was using the new version at that time). It had gone for a 3 weeks, and I thought maybe it was due to the cooler's installation, but now when this issue started again a couple of days back, it does not seem like it and based on the history, these BSODS are going to get way worse. Previously there were instances where instead of BSODS, the system will just froze up and I had shut it down/restart manually to correct it.

Thanks

Colif

Win 11 Master
take the 2 x 8gb out, they might not be causing errors or they could be adding to them.
I assume you tested all the ram at this point
I had executed Prime 95 earlier for 10 hours but no error as such was identified.
Prime normally runs about 17 hours

Did you check health of drives?

WHEA - Windows Hardware Error Architecture
it a BSOD called by cpu but not necessarily caused by it.
Can be any hardware
Can be caused by overclocking, I assume you aren't. I don't see any Overclocking software.
Can be caused by heat so what temps are you getting? this might help = link
Can sometimes be drivers.

Clock Watchdog Timeout is also a hardware error.

Critical process died is less obvious as there are a number of files it can be. Some are for boot, some are for your user and some are just for windows to keep running. Its hard to tell which it might have been.

If it returns after a clean install you either really unlucky and get same drivers twice or its hardware.

Processor: Ryzen 3900X
Mobo: Gigabyte Vision D B550
Graphics: Geforce RTX 3070 Gigabyte Vision
Cooler: AMD Stock Cooler
SSD: Samsung 980 pro 2 TB (Primary)and Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1 TB (Secondary)
what PSU?

Try updating chipset drivers - https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b550

Do you have a printer?

I will download the other dump and see what it shows. So far all I can see is Nvidia.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2022
Hi,

take the 2 x 8gb out, they might not be causing errors or they could be adding to them.
I assume you tested all the ram at this point
Yes I did, but no error.

Prime normally runs about 17 hours
Ok, will check this out later over weekend, as I am using this system for my work.

Did you check health of drives?
Not today, but I had done it in the past during thee previous clean installation and it did not show any errors.

WHEA - Windows Hardware Error Architecture
it a BSOD called by cpu but not necessarily caused by it.
Can be any hardware
Can be caused by overclocking, I assume you aren't. I don't see any Overclocking software.
Can be caused by heat so what temps are you getting? this might help = link
Can sometimes be drivers.

Clock Watchdog Timeout is also a hardware error.

Critical process died is less obvious as there are a number of files it can be. Some are for boot, some are for your user and some are just for windows to keep running. Its hard to tell which it might have been.

If it returns after a clean install you either really unlucky and get same drivers twice or its hardware.

what PSU? Asus Rog Strix 850 Watts (80 Plus gold certified) White Edition

Try updating chipset drivers - https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b550
I have the updated drivers.

Do you have a printer?
I do, but its not connected.

I will download the other dump and see what it shows. So far all I can see is Nvidia.

Last edited by a moderator:

Colif

Win 11 Master
i see memory corruption on a lot of errors. I don't think it means it is hardware as often it can just be a driver that is bad

Last BSOD was all actions in virtual memory. It looks like it was all on the CPU. It being a clock watchdog error shows it was.