[SOLVED] random pc crashes after install new ram

Jan 11, 2022
I recently bought a RAM for the pc. same specs, ddr3 4gb. After installing it, the pc can be used watching movies or on the desktop normally, but when opening a game it gives errors. fortnite gives a black screen and the sound of when a usb device is disconnected and connected. gta v online is a few moments and then it gives error ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT.
the specifications are

-phenom x4 945
-4 gb ram ddr3 (4x2 if I install the second ram)
-gt710 1gb gddr5
-500w power supply (before I had another 300w and it also happened, so I discard)
-Motherboard M2N68-LA (I bought an ASUS M5A78L-LX3 PLUS and the errors also happened)

the processor is not overclocked.

Solution
pretty common to run into issue when mixing different kits of RAM together.
even if they may be the exact same make & model there is no guarantee they will function together at all.
and even if they do allow you to boot into the OS and run there's a good chance you will have issues like you're experiencing and/or some loss of performance.

if you can return the newer kit and sell the previous then put that towards a new 2x 8GB or 2x 4GB kit.
even if they may be the exact same make & model there is no guarantee they will function together at all.
and even if they do allow you to boot into the OS and run there's a good chance you will have issues like you're experiencing and/or some loss of performance.

if you can return the newer kit and sell the previous then put that towards a new 2x 8GB or 2x 4GB kit.

Solution
Jan 11, 2022

I thought so, then I will try to buy 2x4 of the same model of ram, thx, I hope that is the solution