Question Random PC freezes

equilibrality

Prominent
Feb 4, 2019
Hey!

Recently my computer started to freeze randomly. It happens during gaming and even while doing some light stuff like browsing web and appears approximately 1 time per 2 hours for around 10 sec (after pc acts normally, no restart required).
Sometimes instead of freezing the whole system, Im facing a stuck sound lag for the same duration, but it seems that it happens only in windows, while during gaming its always a freeze.
Besides that everything works perfectly, no blue screens, any other lags, performance issues, visual artifacts, etc.

I’m not sure what it can be. I usually play WoW and Overwatch, CPU and GPU loads are always good in windows and games and temperatures are reaching around 60 celsius. Both CPU and GPU are running in stock while RAM is OC. Also I'm using two monitors if that may somehow matter.

Recent things that happened to my PC:
  1. I installed new Seagate HDD
  2. Accidentally opened bad web site which potentially could install malware
I don’t think that installing new HDD could somehow affect my PC in such way but I’m going to try booting PC today without new HDD as it was working before.
Also I installed Kasperskiy Antivirus to clear all potential malware so it should be all good now in this part but pc still freezes.

Please give me hints what components I should check to find a solution!

My specs:
MB: ASRock Steel Legend Z390
CPU: i5-9600k
GPU: MSI TRIO 2080 SUPER
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 2133 (OC to 3200)
PSU: DeepCool 750W (don’t remember exact model)

Storage:
WD Green 120 Gb SSD (for windows)
WD Blue 240Gb SSD
WD Blue 500Gb and 1Tb HDDs
Seagate Barracuda 2Tb HDD

ASK THE COMMUNITY