[SOLVED] Random PC freezes ?

Mar 31, 2022
Recently built my first pc mainly for gaming. After I went through all the windows 11 updates, motherboard updates, and gpu driver It was working good for about a week. Now I will get a random freeze of my system to the point where I cant even bring up task manager. My keyboard and mouse fail to respond and I can see my screen is frozen due to the time not changing.

There is no particular task that causes it. Im usually using chrome browsing and the pc will freeze. I have checked for any windows updates, i have ran a memtest that showed my rams passed. The only other thing I have done is installed a new bios version that was recently released. I am going to try a clean windows install and try again from scratch. If there is any advice on whether there is a particular order to download mobo drivers online or possible causes of freezes. I would appreciate the help.

System specs:
Asus Z690-p wifi d4
Intel i512600k
G skill 16gb 3600mhz
Rtx 3070 ti
SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2 2280 1TB PCIe Gen 3.0 x4
Corsair Rm 750x
Windows 11

Solution
The highest you should have updated your bios to is 1008. The next bios is for non k cpu's only and has no usable updates for your motherboard. In fact if you used the beta one it will probably cause more harm than good. I would go back to 1008 if indeed you did go install higher than that.
The highest you should have updated your bios to is 1008. The next bios is for non k cpu's only and has no usable updates for your motherboard. In fact if you used the beta one it will probably cause more harm than good. I would go back to 1008 if indeed you did go install higher than that.

Solution