Aug 15, 2016
Recently just built a new computer:

CPU: i9 9900k
GPU: RTX 2070 Super
Mobo: Z390 aorus pro wifi
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance 2400MHz
Hard Drive: Samsung 970 Evo
PSU: Rosewill Photon 850

I have been running into the issue where Windows just freezes and hangs and I have to shut it down manually from the power button, this happens a couple of times a day. I reinstalled Windows to see if that was the problem but it continued to happen. I ran memtest86 for 3 passes with no errors. I also ran furmark and prime95 to test my thermals, but they were fine as well. Before I reinstalled windows I was getting the BSOD stop code critical process died, but after the reinstall it just hangs with no dump file or any log to check.

Nothing has been overclocked because this started to happen right off the bat. Thanks in advance for any help and replies and please let me know if you need more information.

might be C6/C7 states are enabled in your bios and the PSU doesn't support those

Recently just built a new computer:

CPU: i9 9900k
GPU: RTX 2070 Super
Mobo: Z390 aorus pro wifi
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance 2400MHz
Hard Drive: Samsung 970 Evo
PSU: Rosewill Photon 850

I have been running into the issue where Windows just freezes and hangs and I have to shut it down manually from the power button, this happens a couple of times a day. I reinstalled Windows to see if that was the problem but it continued to happen. I ran memtest86 for 3 passes with no errors. I also ran furmark and prime95 to test my thermals, but they were fine as well. Before I reinstalled windows I was getting the BSOD stop code critical process died, but after the reinstall it just hangs with no dump file or any log to check.

Nothing has been overclocked because this started to happen right off the bat. Thanks in advance for any help and replies and please let me know if you need more information.

TRENDING THREADS