sumeetbais

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
Hey guys,

Its been 15 days since i've build a new pc (cpu+mb+ram) and i'm facing random restarts and i've no idea what's causing it. Here are my pc specs:
cpu: Ryzen 5 3500
MB: B450M PRO-M2 V2 (MS-7B84) (AM4) Bios ver: 7B84v49
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 3000
Power supply: Corsair VS550

I've tried doing a fresh windows 10 installation but the issue still persists. Windows and bios are updated.

Cirital events on Event viewer are :

1. The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

The description for Event ID 41 from source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
The following information was included with the event:
\??\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_18.1910.1283.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ActivationStore.dat
The message ID for the desired message could not be found

The description for Event ID 41 from source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

9NZKPSTSNW4P-Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay
EV_RenderedValue_1.00
The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

Please suggest a solution as its disappointing to invest in a new pc which isnt working. Thanks again.

Best regards,
Sumeet Bais

Solution
My canned random reboot Rant
Random reboots are usually caused by the PSU, the RAM or software AND in that order of likely-hood.
PSU - If you can borrow/swap a PSU for testing. sibling/friend you can swap out the PSU and each system will be testing the other.
RAM - run the system with one stick of RAM see if stability returns if not Test all the RAM with memtest 86 for five passes or overnight. if you get no 0 errors after more than five passes the ram is good. with the random reboots I would suggest running this test after the PSU swap or after the PSU has been cleared.
Software - Drivers or other issues can cause reboots. Boot to a linux distro on a USB drive. mint linux will boot to memtest86. you can run the OS from the...

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
My canned random reboot Rant
Random reboots are usually caused by the PSU, the RAM or software AND in that order of likely-hood.
PSU - If you can borrow/swap a PSU for testing. sibling/friend you can swap out the PSU and each system will be testing the other.
RAM - run the system with one stick of RAM see if stability returns if not Test all the RAM with memtest 86 for five passes or overnight. if you get no 0 errors after more than five passes the ram is good. with the random reboots I would suggest running this test after the PSU swap or after the PSU has been cleared.
Software - Drivers or other issues can cause reboots. Boot to a linux distro on a USB drive. mint linux will boot to memtest86. you can run the OS from the USB and await reboot.
end canned rant

Reactions: sumeetbais
Solution

sumeetbais

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
thx R1, just thought i'll paste some warnings I picked from the event log if it helps..

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
and APPID
{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}
to the user DESKTOP-D53HKNQ\sumee SID (S-1-5-21-3087806605-2156631035-966136219-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
and APPID
to the user DESKTOP-D53HKNQ\sumee SID (S-1-5-21-3087806605-2156631035-966136219-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager
and APPID
Unavailable
to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
Windows.SecurityCenter.SecurityAppBroker
and APPID
Unavailable
to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Windows.SecurityCenter.WscDataProtection
and APPID
Unavailable

6:
and APPID
to the user DESKTOP-D53HKNQ\sumee SID (S-1-5-21-3087806605-2156631035-966136219-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.\

7. Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.

8. The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly

I have a 8GB stick that im running on my system. I'll update on the ram and PSU check.

Thanks

Best regards,
SB

Jul 31, 2020
If you are using Google Chrome or Windows Edge you will always get this error. If you use Internet Explorer you will not get this error. Trust me, I know. You can edit all the registry entries you want but you will not stop this error if you are using Google Chrome or Windows Edge. For some reason Microsoft has ignored the primaries needed for their browser to operate with impunity. They have basically stop support of Internet explorer and have not fielded a browser that works without giving constant errors notices. Every time you open Chrome or Edge you will get the error, and if you stay in the program you will continue to increase the event exponentially.