Random Pixels When on a Web Page

crashmaster98

Reputable
Jun 10, 2014
I have been noticing strange pixels on my screen whenever I'm on a web page and I don't know what is causing it. It might be my graphics card as I recently installed a new one but I'm not sure, help would be appreciated.
gFA8R2w.png
Here is a screen shot of the problem.

I cannot see your screen shot at work. I can tell you though, that if you are using Firefox, a bug has caused this problem with AMD cards for years and it is still not fixed. Go into your Tools/Options/Advanced on the General tab and uncheck hardware acceleration.

crashmaster98

Reputable
Jun 10, 2014
I am currently using chrome and I have an Nvidia GTX 780 Ti, I'm really hoping that the problem is something other than my graphics card. Thank you for replying.

Oh well then, sorry that my answer may have been entirely irrelevant to your situation.
Does the artifacting also happen in games? If not, I'm more likely to suspect a browser bug; Chrome has its share. If you get artifacts in games, then downclock the card a little and try again. If the artifacts go away, the card isn't good for its factory settings and you should be able to return it.

crashmaster98

Reputable
Jun 10, 2014
I have never experienced it in games however flash programs and java programs have also had the artifacting. I have also realized that chrome only does if I have a youtube video up and I switch tabs. So maybe its a problem with my flash plugin? Thanks again for your replies.