Question Random Post beep codes

Feb 4, 2022
Hello, I recently received a new pre-built computer. Some days I will play video-games and receive not one instance of beep codes, whilst other days I will get an instance of high-pitched beeping. I'm still unsure what's causing it.

I've tried:
Reseating the memory and all my computer says I have all 16 gb.
Updating my drivers (computer says everything is up to date via Device Manager.
Checking Memory Diagnostic via mdsched.exe.

The computer works fine and will play video games fine, will boot and shut down fine.

My Specs:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core 3.7 GHz (4.6 GHz Turbo) CPU Processor
Memory: 16GB DDR4 3200 Gaming Memory
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 TI 8GB GDDR6
SSD: 1TB SSD
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Power Supply: 600 Watt 80 PLUS Gold Certified Power Supply

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

600W is the wattage of the PSU while 80+ Gold is it's 80+ efficiency rating. What is the make and model of the PSU? You will need to open the side panel and see what the sticker on the PSU says.

As for the beep you speak of, can you elaborate on it? Does the beep happen when you boot or does it happen when you're working with the system or in-game? Might want to include a video/audio clip of what you're experiencing. As a side note, what BIOS version are you on? You forgot to mention the make and model of your motherboard.

Feb 4, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

600W is the wattage of the PSU while 80+ Gold is it's 80+ efficiency rating. What is the make and model of the PSU? You will need to open the side panel and see what the sticker on the PSU says.

As for the beep you speak of, can you elaborate on it? Does the beep happen when you boot or does it happen when you're working with the system or in-game? Might want to include a video/audio clip of what you're experiencing. As a side note, what BIOS version are you on? You forgot to mention the make and model of your motherboard.

Hello, thank you for replying!

I've opened up my side-panel and the PSU is the "InWin P65F 650W PF SERIES".

https://www.in-win.com/en/gaming-power-supply/p65f

I bought this computer from Amazon and it was listed as 600 Watt but the actual PSU says it is 650 Watt.

As for my motherboard and BIOS version:

Motherboard Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC
Model: PRIME B550-PLUS AC -HES

BIOS Brand: American Megatrends Inc.
Version: 0305
Date: 07/13/2021

As for the beeping, it is very random. I could try to force some beeps, but like I said it could also choose to just not beep at all even though I'd be doing the same interactions for when I did get beeps.