Question Random power cycling

Mar 23, 2019
So I've been looking to build a gaming PC for years now and never had the funds to do so well this year i did and i built my system about 2 weeks ago, I set the 5ghz oc button on in the bios did a little tweaking and was stable at 5ghz for 2 weeks now. Yesterday it started randomly power cycling I have a red led on the CPU light on the motherboard eventhough she still boots for about 5-30 mins till it power cycles a few times.
CPU voltage was always on auto I tried 1.35 and it ran but still did power cycle after 20 mins should I add more voltage or dial my OC down I hit 80c during uingine benchmark but that was the highest it idles at about 35 to 38c. Just don't understand why it's randomly cycling, I can leave it in the bios for an hour or 2 and it's fine. Also all the parts were bought recently except the motherboard I bought it last year brand new was still sealed before I set it up.
I7 8700k
Corsair h100i pro
Asus prime z370-a
16gb trident z ram 3000
Zotac 1070 mini(dual fan wife bought the wrong one couldn't return it lol)
1tb ssd
2tb hdd
Any help is much appreciated thankyou

Ralston18

Titan
BIOS is not the same power load as gaming, etc.

Go back to the base settings and game as usual to determine if the system is stable.

Then gradually increment your settings in small steps and change only one thing at a time.

You will probably discover the threshold values that are demanding too much power.

Mar 23, 2019

Go back to the base settings and game as usual to determine if the system is stable.

Then gradually increment your settings in small steps and change only one thing at a time.

You will probably discover the threshold values that are demanding too much power.
Iim currently running CPUz's stress tester ran for about 5 minutes my max temps were 92 and c rest were 88to 85 so I'm throttling now, I'll try this and post results

Mar 23, 2019
So I'm in default setting

So I'm on complete default setting and I'm still cycling I assume it's the mobo because it's the only thing I didn't just get but idk I have a red led on my CPU and orange on dram even on all auto.

Ralston18

Titan
Per the lit LED's there is certainly some motherboard problem.

Link to Motherboard Manual

Verify that I have correctly matched to the motherboard. If so, see Page 1-13.

Then power off, unplug, and reseat all cards, connections, jumpers, RAM to ensure that all are fully and firmly in place.

Also take a close look at the RAM configuration and ensure that it matches the recommended configuration per Page 1-5.

And also, using the manual, check everything that you can to eliminate some physical problem with the installed components.

If nothing found then that suggests a faulty motherboard.

Mar 23, 2019
Per the lit LED's there is certainly some motherboard problem.

Link to Motherboard Manual

Verify that I have correctly matched to the motherboard. If so, see Page 1-13.

Then power off, unplug, and reseat all cards, connections, jumpers, RAM to ensure that all are fully and firmly in place.

Also take a close look at the RAM configuration and ensure that it matches the recommended configuration per Page 1-5.

And also, using the manual, check everything that you can to eliminate some physical problem with the installed components.

If nothing found then that suggests a faulty motherboard.
I started from the beginning I took my whole PC apart and built it on my mobo box it's been on for 16 hours now I just have gta 5 and and a few java programs open and it's still on but when I turn on the pc the CPU led is still red and the dimm one is orange they. Going to read thoroughly the mobo manual and see what it says. Thank you for all your help