random reboot while playing games

jassy37

Reputable
Mar 18, 2014
I recently upgraded my gpu, cpu cooling unit and ram. Now my pc reboots randomly when playing games. At first I was getting kernel-power 41 error in the event log, I established it was caused by my pc trying to sleep or hibernate when i launched rift. I changed all my settings for sleep, hibernate and screen savor to off / never and was able to play any game for 3 days no problems. then all of a sudden i started having the same problems with my pc randomly rebooting when i played a game only this time it was any game. I checked the event log and found WHEA-logger 20 error and it says something about my amd northbridge. All i understood was again it had something to do with lack of power. My specs are
gigabyte GA-78LMT USB3 MOBO
AMD FX-4300 CPU
Arctic Freezer Xtreme REV.2 Cooling Unit
2X 8GB 1600 DDR3 Hyper Fury x RAM
Geforce GTX 1050ti OC GPU
Ultra LSP 550 Watt psu.
Nvidia website said recommended psu of 300 minimum. cpu part picker says i need 280Watt. I dont want to waste money on a psu if i dont have to and dont know what to do. Also i have checked several forums on here and other places but dont feel confident my problem is the same as others mainly because my build is never the same or close to others. My pc is right at a year old excluding the ram gpu and cpu cooling unit which are about a month old. Thanks

Solution
Ultra LSP 550 Watt psu.

Sounds like a bad PSU to me. That unit is bottom of the barrel.
Your rig needs like 300W, sure. But most of that 300W your PC needs is 12 volt (CPU and GPU) And there is no way that PSU is outputting 25 amps on the 12 rail to keep them happy.

It seriously sounds to me like a bad PSU, but usually you get a black screen and some odd behavior, instead of just instant, hard shut downs.

Ultra LSP 550 Watt psu.

Sounds like a bad PSU to me. That unit is bottom of the barrel.
Your rig needs like 300W, sure. But most of that 300W your PC needs is 12 volt (CPU and GPU) And there is no way that PSU is outputting 25 amps on the 12 rail to keep them happy.

It seriously sounds to me like a bad PSU, but usually you get a black screen and some odd behavior, instead of just instant, hard shut downs.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS