[SOLVED] Random reboot

HoPStA

Honorable
Nov 1, 2014
I don't even know where to put this. I built this computer about a year ago. It's an I5-9400F, 16 gbs ram, RX 580 8gb GDDR, with an 800 gold+ PSU (generic one, which has me concerned) Initially, My computer would beep every once in a while. There's 2 blue lights on my GPU, one would go red and I would lose picture on my monitor. That stopped. Within the last week, my computer will just up and reboot. No error. No beep. nothing. almost as if someone hit my reboot button. I don't know where to start looking. I pulled out each stick of ram individually and ran a memtest. The temperatures are seem normal....I just don't know where to look now. Could it be the PSU? Any help is appreciated. Does Windows 10 keep error logs still? Thanks in advance. I didn't know which category to put this in...I chose MOBO because well, that could be the problem too....

HoPStA

Honorable
Nov 1, 2014
So...update. It's become increasingly more frequent. It Turns off and boots back up automatically, normally. This time...It booted up, got the MOBO splash, then a black screen and a weird hum from the speakers. It wouldn't turn back on. I let it sit for a bit, stripped the ram and GPU out...fiddled with the wires, made sure nothing was hitting a fan...and now it's back up. I don't know what to do.....I have a 500w PSU from an old computer. I'll try swapping it this weekend I guess. How do you calculate how much power you need? can I punch in my specs into pcpartpicker and find out??? thanks