Parts in this pile-o-crap
Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus

Ryzen 9 3950x

G.Skill Trident Z 3600 c14

American Megatrends Bios 3602

360mm Radiator with push/pull fans

Win 10.0.19042

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti/Studio Driver Version 460.89

Don't remember what type of Power Supply it has. I am planning on changing the coolant sometime soon, will find out when I haul the 80 pound pig outside.

Anyways, if I set it to D.O.C.P. it will randomly reboot. Sometimes right after it boots, sometimes it will wait until I am editing images (I am Renegade Raceways "Official" Photographer). If I am editing images often times it will cause a cache issue in my editing software. I seen a thread somewhere, someone with the same board/chip/RAM is having the same problem. He manually entered the information he got from a RAM calculator and claims the problem was resolved. Unsure of what this means but it is on the Thaipoon Burner site..."This software does not fix hardware failures of RGB-capable DDR4 DRAM modules like Trident Z or Vengeance RGB. But you can use Thaiphoon Burner to restore corrupted SPD content to its original state. " but seeing as how that is the RAM I have I question if the data it provides is usable. If I import it the data provided by Thaipoon into the DRAM Calculator for RYZEN I get a message stating limit for GEN 1 is reached.
Now that I have made a complete mess out of describing my problem....
If I set the RAM up using the DOCP settings the computer randomly crashes. But it rips thru exporting the edited images out of Lightroom. If I set it up using default settings it does not crash but is painfully slow at exporting. I have tried to enter the data from the calculator but I am a bit rusty at probing my way around the bios and simply don't know where some things are located. And then there is the problem with...for example....the calculator says tcl 14. In the bios tcl has 14h, not just 14. I am guessing that they are one in the same but....
Then there is the other issue. I can not update the bios. Winhosed has associated one of my editing software programs with .CAP files, unsure if this is causing a problem or not. I have downloaded a more current BIOS, extracted it and used the renaming app. Put this renamed .CAP file on a USB drive and the updater in the bios tells me that selected file is not a proper bios.
Apologies for being all over the map...I am more then slightly frustrated, I have several dozen people asking for images. If I set the machine up so that it edits/exports quickly it randomly crashes. If I set it up so it does not crash it is painfully slow at editing/exporting. Buddy that is a bit of a computer guy is telling me to update to mthe most current bios but well...I can't.
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated....

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I understand you're frustrated, but catch your breath and take it one step at a time. I assume this is a custom loop since you referenced changing? I'd also be very concerned about what the power supply is; if you don't know it, does that mean that this is a prebuilt? Power supply is a common area for cheapness.

Feb 4, 2021
I understand you're frustrated, but catch your breath and take it one step at a time. I assume this is a custom loop since you referenced changing? I'd also be very concerned about what the power supply is; if you don't know it, does that mean that this is a prebuilt? Power supply is a common area for cheapness.
I am bit frustrated with this thing. Before I got the new CPU & RAM it just ran. I have ran MemTest, let it run for the entire 4 days I was at Renegade Raceway with my camera gear, 0 errors.
Often times when it reboots the Event Log will make mention of the machine not shutting down cleanly (something to that effect) at last shut down. Often times when I go to shut it down I get a message that an app is stopping the machine from shutting down. I cancel the shut down, go to the task manager and find nothing running :unsure:. Sometimes the reboot is right after I start the machine, sometimes it is after I have been editing images for an hour. The cooling system is just one of the Thermal Take "kits in a box". I did manage to get my PC out to the garage and change the coolant and blow the dust out of it.
The power supply is a EVGA 1000GQ. When I bought the power supply I read a ton of reviews on many of them...seems like they all have a lot of troubles...so I just chose the one that looked like it had the least amount of bad reviews...
Now another problem has surfaced...but it is a Winblows problem, I think...will start another thread.
And I did manage to update the bios. It is the latest one on the Asus site, 3801.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I am bit frustrated with this thing. Before I got the new CPU & RAM it just ran. I have ran MemTest, let it run for the entire 4 days I was at Renegade Raceway with my camera gear, 0 errors.
Often times when it reboots the Event Log will make mention of the machine not shutting down cleanly (something to that effect) at last shut down. Often times when I go to shut it down I get a message that an app is stopping the machine from shutting down. I cancel the shut down, go to the task manager and find nothing running :unsure:. Sometimes the reboot is right after I start the machine, sometimes it is after I have been editing images for an hour. The cooling system is just one of the Thermal Take "kits in a box". I did manage to get my PC out to the garage and change the coolant and blow the dust out of it.
The power supply is a EVGA 1000GQ. When I bought the power supply I read a ton of reviews on many of them...seems like they all have a lot of troubles...so I just chose the one that looked like it had the least amount of bad reviews...
Now another problem has surfaced...but it is a Winblows problem, I think...will start another thread.
And I did manage to update the bios. It is the latest one on the Asus site, 3801.
So now you just have the reboot problem.
Set DOCP but raise the voltage by 0.05 so to 1.4 if your at 1.35.

Feb 4, 2021
So now you just have the reboot problem.
Set DOCP but raise the voltage by 0.05 so to 1.4 if your at 1.35.
Will do....
I had just started emailing 20 images to a racer...and it rebooted. Thing had been running for at least 20 minutes. Don't know if this will help but I uploaded the screen capture to my web site...

Feb 4, 2021
I made the mistake of assuming that because Winblows Updater said everything was up to date...I noticed a few days back that quite often the WLAN is mentioned in the Event Log after a crash. A newer driver was available...down loaded and install it...so far so good...Now that I just jinxed myself.....