[SOLVED] Random rebooting, does this behavior indicate anything?

Mar 4, 2020
Started experiencing random reboots out of the blue, no bsod or any dump files created. It doesn't happen right away when I start the computer in the morning, it usually last a few hours before the reboots start happening. Sometimes there's a bad period where it reboots a lot like every few seconds or minutes and sometimes it can last hours between reboots. It does not happen in bios or during windows recovery. It only happens while windows is booting or after windows is booted. It happens during safe mode. Happens whether computer is idle or not.

• It's not software side because same issue occur on a clean installation of windows on a brand new hard drive
  • Tested the ram with memtest86, no issue found
  • Temperature wise everything is around 30c
  • I ran diagnostics and stress-tested cpu but no issue found
  • I stress-tested the gpu as well but no issue found
  • Not due to the windows 8.1 iso, it's directly from microsoft
  • It feels more frequent with chrome on, can't say for certain
Can I rule out the psu if it never reboots in bios or windows recovery?

Specs:
z87 g45 motherboard
nvidia 1050 ti
i5 4670k
evga supernova nex750 psu
windows 8.1 64-bit

Last edited:
Solution
Model for the EVGA PSU? 750 is the wattage while EVGA is the brand. Also include the age of the PSU. I would suggest that you source a donor PSU from a friend or neighbor who owns a reliably built PSU to see if that changes your experience.

What cooler are you working with?

Lutfij

Titan
Model for the EVGA PSU? 750 is the wattage while EVGA is the brand. Also include the age of the PSU. I would suggest that you source a donor PSU from a friend or neighbor who owns a reliably built PSU to see if that changes your experience.

Solution
Mar 4, 2020

It's the Supernova NEX750 from about 5-6 years back. I suspected it might be the psu but it not happening in bios or windows recovery gave me doubt. Not sure about the exact cooler model but it's one of the corsair hydro liquid cpu coolers.