Question Random reboots and "failed to load windows."

Sep 17, 2019
Hi Guys,

I'm having a strange series of events with my HP Omen laptop. The last two days or so, the PC has just randomly restarted every once in a while. Sometimes, when it does this, I will get the message "BlInitializeLibrary failed 0xc00000bb" on a black screen. Following this, I will switch off the power and power the PC back on, only to be greeted by:

"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
  2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
  3. Click "Repair your computer."
If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \Boot\BCD

Info: An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data."

And then, if I try enough times, the computer will somehow boot like normal. My OS is stored on an SSD that has "good" ratings for all the smart categories. Still loads everything quick as normal, so I don't think it's failing. Could it be bad BCD? I would love to hear some thoughts because I'm really stumped by this issue.

Thanks!

Edit: Found the error in my system log. It's Kernel Power 41. I've already found some guides on how to fix, but I'd still love to hear what you all think. Can this be responsible for windows not booting right?

Edit 2: I'm re-reading this post and that wasn't nearly enough info. Here's some more substantial dumping:

-System

-Provider
[ Name]Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid]{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}

EventID41

Version6

Level1

Task63

Opcode0

Keywords0x8000400000000002

-TimeCreated
[ SystemTime]2019-09-17T23:25:08.363734200Z

EventRecordID3726

Correlation

-Execution
[ ProcessID]4
[ ThreadID]8

ChannelSystem

ComputerLAPTOP-V0M6G0E4

-Security
[ UserID]S-1-5-18

-EventData

BugcheckCode239

BugcheckParameter10xffffb8812e0713c0

BugcheckParameter20x0

BugcheckParameter30x0

BugcheckParameter40x0

SleepInProgress0

PowerButtonTimestamp0

BootAppStatus0

Checkpoint0

ConnectedStandbyInProgressfalse

SystemSleepTransitionsToOn0

CsEntryScenarioInstanceId0

BugcheckInfoFromEFItrue

CheckpointStatus0

Also, I did find a few things in my drivers. I had duplicate audio drivers for starters, so I disabled one of those (apparently this can be a cause...). Furthermore, my damn firmware driver was out of date (How, Microsoft? How?). I'm inclined to think that's the root of the issue more than anything. Lastly, I disabled fast booting to hopefully help with power management. I will update later with any further findings. So far so good, no more system fails.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS