[SOLVED] Random reboots, no overheating, already tried changing mobo & psu ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2022
SPECS
MSI b550m pro vdh wifi,
Ryzen 5 3600
NZXT Krakenx53 with two noctuas on radiator,
EVGA RTX 2060 KO ultra,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16go (2x8go) 3200mhz,
Be Quiet! System Power 9 600w,
two Sabrent NVMEs (rocket 1To & 256go for OS),
other fans are Arctics.

Everything was brand new out of the box except the GPU.

Hey everybody, im only posting this because I'm out of ideas...
My computer has been experiencing random reboots with no BSOD, freezes or lags. It's been happening for months now, it's happened both on intense use and running idle. It wouldnt happen for months and when it would, reseating the CPU would do the trick. You might ask why my first move was to reseat it and answer is bc once, it started rebooting within 30 minutes of turning on everytime and at one point the pc wouldnt boot and my CPU ez light went off and the ram light was blinking. A couple of weeks ago, my build started acting up again and it had been months since the CPU thing happened. This issue drives me nuts, i hate lacking the control so ive been doing everything to end this.

Issue could be CPU related bc when switching from the standard Ryzen cpu cooler than came with my 3600 to my Kraken, the cooler wouldnt detach from the cpu bc of the succion between the metal plate and the cpu heat shield so i had to tug pretty hard and got the cpu out with no bend pins tho. Also, i have a feeling the cooler has something to do with all this bc while stripping down the board and adding the cpu (first paragraph) the tightness of the cooler on the cpu would make the mobo detect the cpu or not, hence why i changed mobo, i thought that maybe the cpu socket had been damaged.

Things ive tried : reseated CPU, took GPU off and looked at the debug lights to see if it would still reboot and it did even w/o the GPU, ran memtest86, always experienced reboots during the process except once for one stick and the 4 passes were successful, tried taking off both ram sticks while leaving the other one and using the computer, applied new noctua thermal paste on cpu, monitored temps for both gpu and cpu and nothing out of the ordinary, bought a new mobo (same one), bought a new PSU (corsair rm750x), reseated the cooler differently, multiple windows clean installs, praying, looked into the cables to see if anything was off, all drivers up to date, bios up to date, stressed the computer with occt and didnt it didnt reboot (go figure...), ill add things as they come up to mind

Jan 10, 2022
CPU stress tests fine and temps are good. still random debug lights going off, ive tried bread boarding the computer and there was no reboots, put it back in the case and they're back, i got the computer to be stable for a bit when i only put one stick of ram, in the first slot (A1), left it like that for 2 days, no reboot but when adding back the second stick in the third spot (B1), computer gives me a CPU debug light. btw if the sequence is CPU then DRAM then VGA then BOOT, how is it possible that when i take all ram off, the DRAM light goes off if the CPU light was the issue in the first place? as far as my understanding goes, that must mean that the CPU is not the issue but the motherboard but then again, ive tried with a brand new mobo and still had reboots. im fckng lost yo

Status
Not open for further replies.