• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Random reboots on cold boots

Jul 2, 2020
Hello everyone,

I recently got a new tower with the following:

Procesor: Intel Core i7 9700F - 3 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS B365M-A S1151/B365/4D4/USB3.1/mATX
Ram: 16 GB DDR4
PSU: 600 Watts 80+
Video: ASUS PH-GTX1660S-O6G GDDR5

Got it delivered to my house and once i turn it on and tried to install a new browser the PC kept shutting down completely and turning back on (not like a restart, but all power out then back on), i reinstalled Windows and the problem got a lot better, only on cold boots, like in the morning after being sleep/power off the whole night, other than that it works perfectly.

I took it back to the place i got it from and they took a look and could not reproduce the issue, i was there and it did not happen in their store, i got it back home and the issue persisted, i took it back and they watch it for 24 hours without being able to reproduce it, they replaced the PSU and reinstalled Windows and i got it back home, this time i got the reboot after Windows start problem again, i reinstalled and got better again (seems to be worse with the Windows Pro image they use) i installed Windows Home.

now the problem is a lot better, some mornings does not happen, other days i get it twice, i figured that if i do a restart from the Start menu right after turning it on/waking it up there is a lot less chance for it to happen, pretty clueless right now on why it happens or how to fix it.

thanks in advance for any help.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS