Question Random Reboots & Shutdowns

Oct 4, 2019
So I've been having some PC issues with my computer shutting down randomly and I wanted to get some help. Kind of a long one.

It started last month where it shut down a couple times when I was at work. Then it didn't return until two weeks ago. It kept shutting itself down either without a shut down screen or with one. No BSOD. It did it over and over until my power died, which also fried both my drives in the process. I then got a new power supply entirely and it stopped for about a week.

It shut down again just a few hours ago.

I thought it was a Bluetooth dongle I bought since it had some error in the event viewer. It also had Kernel-Power errors originally when the old power supply fucked up and shit down entirely.

Now I don't know what to do. I replaced my drives and PSU and redid my wiring and made sure everything was plugged in correctly.

Could it be the motherboard ports dying? The mobo itself? The RAM?

Specs:

ASRock Extreme4
i5 4670k
32 GB RAM
GTX 1070

If there's any more info you guys need, I will provide as much as possible cause I just want to locate the issue.
I should also mention the new power supply did mitigate the shut down issues for a time before it shut down again recently.

1) Try to use the " Reliability Monitor Tool ", you may or may not find something.

2) What PSU did you have?

3) Did you try just use one stick RAM ?

4) May try to use the onboard iGPU only to see the PC will do the same or not.

TRENDING THREADS