[SOLVED] Random Reboots ( System failure) ?

Drew2345

Reputable
Jul 20, 2019
So few days ago i started getting a lot of blue screens so thinking it was a software problem i installed a fresh OS even reseted the CMOS by removing the MB battery for a few minutes, after which i noticed the problem was still present, no blue screen this time just a black screen after which pc reboots. It does this randomly sometimes right after i boot the pc sometimes after a few hours. By the way we are talking about an otherwise perfectly healthy PC that is only one year old: all temps below 60 degrees celsius. So i have read somewhere that it is a PSU failure. Is it?

Pc specs:-

ryzen 7 2700x
rx580
psu: corsair rm650x (80+ gold)
MB asrock b450 pro4
RAM corsair vengeance pro 2x8 GB 3000mhz
one 200gb kingston and one 1TB toshiba hdd.

If it is in deed a psu problem, do I need to get a more powerfull psu ?, because i've already found a 650w gold EVGA psu for a great price.

Solution
PSU is possible (ask me how I know :) ), but it's probably RAM (see this thread). Run Memtest86 on one stick at a time, and if you're fortunate that'll be your problem. The next most likely culprit (in my experience) is the motherboard, followed by graphics card, then processor or power supply. Have personally had exactly one failure of the sort you describe due to each of the last two, so don't know which is more likely.

80-watt Hamster

Honorable
Oct 9, 2014
PSU is possible (ask me how I know :) ), but it's probably RAM (see this thread). Run Memtest86 on one stick at a time, and if you're fortunate that'll be your problem. The next most likely culprit (in my experience) is the motherboard, followed by graphics card, then processor or power supply. Have personally had exactly one failure of the sort you describe due to each of the last two, so don't know which is more likely.

Solution