Question Random reboots.

david1993adams

Commendable
May 15, 2018
so I'll cut to the chase here guys to make it easy on anyone who would be so kind to help.

random reboots.

Psu changed, memtest86 4 passes 0 errors.

Random occasions memtest forces a reboot during tests.

Reinstalled windows umteen times. Not sure what to do next.

Any advice?

Event log is showing stuff like unexpected shutdown, but nothing much else.

david1993adams

Commendable
May 15, 2018
Hw list is

Ryzen 1800x
Hyperx 16gb 3000mhz
250gb m2 ssd
120gb kingston ssd
1tb firecude sshd
Evga 500w psu
Gigabyte 1050 wf2 oc

@clutchc I have tried at 1060 gpu with same results. I tried memtest with both sticks enabled.

Cpu temps 32 degrees in bios, mobo temps 38 degrees in bios.

Thanks!

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Did you forget to list your motherboard? I don't see it.
Btw, if you're using the Firecuda hybrid drive as storage only, you're probably not going to see any improvement over a normal HDD. Unless you access the same data all the time.

ShadowLinkX37

Reputable
Jun 14, 2019
@david1993adams

If you can keep your PC on long enough, I suggest going through standard driver updates for GPUs, BIOS, windows updates and other systems on the PC. It sounds like if it isn't overheating, its a software issue. Another idea is to ensure the case is free of dust and has good airflow to reduce temperatures.

Fair warning on the BIOS update though, if you do it incorrectly or your PC shuts down while updating, you'll render your mobo inoperable and that'll cost you a good chunk of money. Do your research on how to update BIOS if you don't know and since this appears random, maybe hold off on doing that just incase.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Maybe run a FULL virus check and a Malwarebytes scan just to eliminate some poorly written malware causing it or a virus.
Then If it were mine, I'd be thinking about returning/replacing the board while I still can... just to eliminate that possibility.