Naveen Prasanth

Honorable
May 31, 2014
In the middle when am working or watching a movie, the computer suddenly reboots. If I shut it down that instant and try to reboot by hitting the power button, nothing happens.
After like 15 minutes if I hit the power button again then it boots up. But again after a while it suddenly reboots. I don't know whats happening. I just bought a new PSU thinking because I thought the old one was making the issue but no, the issue is still there. Any help is appreciated people! Thank you!

Oct 24, 2019
Cmos issue pull out the battery on your mother board and put it back in. also check whether your cpu is going full throttle and also check cpu temps if they are more than 95 that's really high. Also 95 is the reference if you are in India. If you stay in any other country it's max 80-85.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Naveen Prasanth

Honorable
May 31, 2014
Cmos issue pull out the battery on your mother board and put it back in. also check whether your cpu is going full throttle and also check cpu temps if they are more than 95 that's really high. Also 95 is the reference if you are in India. If you stay in any other country it's max 80-85.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk
Thank you so much! Ill go home and check it out!

Naveen Prasanth

Honorable
May 31, 2014
If the PC shuts off, and allows you to power on only after a specific amount of time has passed, that would likely indicate an overheating power supply.
Is there any particular reason the PSU is heating up? I just bought it last week

This might be important, I had this problem even after I bought the new PSU last week, it got fixed after I reset the GPU to a different PCIE slot, double checked all the connections, the system was running smooth for a week with no issues, just yesterday suddenly it started rebooting again for no reason.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Is there any particular reason the PSU is heating up? I just bought it last week

This might be important, I had this problem even after I bought the new PSU last week, it got fixed after I reset the GPU to a different PCIE slot, double checked all the connections, the system was running smooth for a week with no issues, just yesterday suddenly it started rebooting again for no reason.
Sudden rebooting is usually hardware related, with the psu being the most likely culprit - faulty ram being another possible cause... but since you report being unable to power the PC on until after a certain period of time has elapsed, that would point to power supply temperatures.
It's cooling off during that down time.

-The quality of the power supply. Low quality units will have lower temperature thresholds.
-Positioning of the unit in the case; is it getting adequate airflow.
The above are what can affect these temps.

Post the full specs of the PC.