[SOLVED] Random restart and no display

May 27, 2020
So my PC has been acting very weirdly these couple of months. It would restart randomly sometimes and sometimes when it is on idle it would go to no display too. Although after a couple of tries to restart it, it would boot normally, and then another problem shows up when I watched Youtube videos it would go to a green screen. Funny thing is that only the portion of the video player box on Youtube is green. I am suspecting my GPU that is acting although I am willing to buy a new one however I'm afraid even if I did the problem is still there. Also after the startup, my Windows will have some artifacting effect at my home screen Here are my specs :

-Intel i5-4590
-MSI Z971 AC
-R9 380 2GB
-8GB Ram (Dual Channel)

I really need some advice here. Please help thank you.

Reactions: Bassplate
Solution
So my PC has been acting very weirdly these couple of months. It would restart randomly sometimes and sometimes when it is on idle it would go to no display too. Although after a couple of tries to restart it, it would boot normally, and then another problem shows up when I watched Youtube videos it would go to a green screen. Funny thing is that only the portion of the video player box on Youtube is green. I am suspecting my GPU that is acting although I am willing to buy a new one however I'm afraid even if I did the problem is still there. Also after the startup, my Windows will have some artifacting effect at my home screen Here are my specs :

-Intel i5-4590
-MSI Z971 AC
-R9 380 2GB
-8GB Ram (Dual Channel)

I really need some...
Those symptoms are pointing at the GPU (actually GDDR5 but maybe the memory controller), it is likely due for retirement.
Try running a video memory check. If it does not show any errors there still might be a problem, it is not 100% testable w/o load and frequency ramp-up but it might show there.

P.S You will get lots of advice to test drivers, PSU, and whatever else, but this is how GPUs die.

Bassplate

Reputable

-Intel i5-4590
-MSI Z971 AC
-R9 380 2GB
-8GB Ram (Dual Channel)

I really need some advice here. Please help thank you.
Hi there :benetton::benetton::benetton:
It can be the graphics card that's beginning to pack up.Because of the symptoms its giving(Restarting...Artiacting...and screen glitches with no display) its most likely the card itself or maybe it can be the driver or the screen port you are using on the graphics card
There are a few suggestions i would recommend to try and fix this problem.
Z97-GAMING-9-AC.png

1.If your motherboard has other PCI slots try connecting your GPU to the secondary PCI slot and see if the problem has been fixed.
2.Reinstall your graphics driver or download the latest driver to see if it could be maybe the driver itself causing this problem....Here is a link you can use to download the latest graphics drvier for your graphics card.
Link=https://www.amd.com/en/support/prev...es/amd-radeon-r9-300-series/amd-radeon-r9-380
3.Use a other screen input or a other screen Cable to connect to your GPU to your Screen(Like use the DVI port on your Graphics just to test if it could not maybe be the port itself that's causing this situation.or replace your screen cable)
jpg

If still nothing works you can try removing your GPU and connect your screen to your integrated graphics(Onboard screen connect)just to see if the problem still appear like (the restarting and no display etc...)
if the problem still appear without the GPU connected it could be your Power supply unit(PSU) that has been causing this.

Solution
May 27, 2020
Those symptoms are pointing at the GPU (actually GDDR5 but maybe the memory controller), it is likely due for retirement.
Try running a video memory check. If it does not show any errors there still might be a problem, it is not 100% testable w/o load and frequency ramp-up but it might show there.

P.S You will get lots of advice to test drivers, PSU, and whatever else, but this is how GPUs die.
I tried using OCCT for the moment and i dont know but nothing really spikes in my observation (i think so..?) but my PC is 'alive' for now

May 27, 2020
Hi there :benetton::benetton::benetton:
It can be the graphics card that's beginning to pack up.Because of the symptoms its giving(Restarting...Artiacting...and screen glitches with no display) its most likely the card itself or maybe it can be the driver or the screen port you are using on the graphics card
There are a few suggestions i would recommend to try and fix this problem.
Z97-GAMING-9-AC.png

1.If your motherboard has other PCI slots try connecting your GPU to the secondary PCI slot and see if the problem has been fixed.
2.Reinstall your graphics driver or download the latest driver to see if it could be maybe the driver itself causing this problem....Here is a link you can use to download the latest graphics drvier for your graphics card.
Link=https://www.amd.com/en/support/prev...es/amd-radeon-r9-300-series/amd-radeon-r9-380
3.Use a other screen input or a other screen Cable to connect to your GPU to your Screen(Like use the DVI port on your Graphics just to test if it could not maybe be the port itself that's causing this situation.or replace your screen cable)
jpg

If still nothing works you can try removing your GPU and connect your screen to your integrated graphics(Onboard screen connect)just to see if the problem still appear like (the restarting and no display etc...)
if the problem still appear without the GPU connected it could be your Power supply unit(PSU) that has been causing this.
Unfortunately my MOBO has only one PCIe slot and I have already installed the latest driver last time as for the no 3 i dont have a VGA converter at the moment moght have to buy tommorow to test it. as of now I on my PC and its ok..for now