Question Random Restart issue

JediMa

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2013
I'm trying to fix this randomly (not often) got black screen, buzzer makes a noise and restarts. I'm trying to figure what could be the issue. Any good hint from where to start? It's been used with WIN 11 then formatted and installed WIN 10 and same issue so the only thing I can think about it's a hardware problem. Maybe ram?
  • Asrock Z690M PG
  • 32 GB Kingston Fury ddr5 (2 x 16)
  • I9 intel
  • Deepcool DA700
  • Case is ITEK QB0 8 evo (with hub for led)
CPU temp is ok ( 40 - 50 C) it's not used for gaming and no overclock.
thank you

Lutfij

Titan
It's been used with WIN 11 then formatted and installed WIN 10 and same issue so the only thing I can think about it's a hardware problem.
Where did you source the installers for said OSes?

is this the motherboard you're working with? BIOS version for your motherboard? No discrete GPU for your build? i9 is a series, which processor are you working with? Same story with the ram, got a link to the kit you're working with?

JediMa

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2013
It's been used with WIN 11 then formatted and installed WIN 10 and same issue so the only thing I can think about it's a hardware problem.
Where did you source the installers for said OSes?

is this the motherboard you're working with? BIOS version for your motherboard? No discrete GPU for your build? i9 is a series, which processor are you working with? Same story with the ram, got a link to the kit you're working with?

Ok I will try to be more accurate, so about OS I got both the versions from Microsoft

The motherboard you linked is the right one,
No extra GPU
Intel I9 - 12900K
Kingston Fury Beast KFC552C40BB-16

JediMa

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2013
You forgot to answer one question above. + How are you cooling that processor?
Thermaltake UX210 kit
Bios version 16.0.15.1735
Checking logs I've many with "!" Kernel - Processor - Power : The speed of processor (number changes) is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state of 71