Random restarts in games

Mar 13, 2018
So my pc keeps restarting when i play games. First i thought it might be the drivers from the gpu but after tinkering nothing changed. Then i thought it might be the psu but every time i do a stress test there is no problem.
My Pc:
Rx 580 8gb
16gb ram G-Skill-RipjawsV 3200
600watt aerocool xpredator psu
Asus b350 prime plus mobo
Samsung 860 evo 250gb
Ryzen 1600

What stress test? Did you stress both the CPU and the GPU at the same time to draw maximum power from the PSU? A stress test isn't like gaming where the total power draw can change very quickly; I'm not saying the PSU is the source of the issue, but I suggest you test with a top quality unit.

Mar 13, 2018

i run cpuz cpu stress together with uniengine heaven which are not the best but this is what i had install, both run fine,i just tried playing for an hour pubg and the problem hasnt showed up yet.Its completely random

Philballer17

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
If it happens randomly, then its the PSU.

Swap it out. AMD Chips are power hungry animals these days anyways.. So even if you have a 600W, you could end up getting eaten alive by the alligators of AMD without even realizing it. Just look at how the Vega 64/56 perform. Will Suck up so much PSU power; a fire will start inside the Computer Case

Mar 13, 2018

Nah i dont believe its power draw cpu and gpu together shouldnt pull more than 350w at peak.As for amds power draw for its products you are a bit missinformed i believe it aint as dramatic as you make it to be.