Question Random Restarts, PSU Related?

Atomicdonut17

Reputable
Feb 4, 2017
I built my current computer around a year or so ago, and most of its original hardware is the same as what it was. The only major differences are some of the major components, with an i5 7600k instead of the previous Pentium G4560, and a Sapphire RX 580 8GB in lieu of a Zotac 1050Ti 4GB. Obviously both these parts have increased the overall TDP of the system.

When I first built the PC, I used some nondescript power supply which, looking back, was both a bad decision economically and physically. I later replaced with a much more reliable and reputable EVGA 450B, supplying plenty of wattage to the PC. It worked like a dream, and I didn't have any issues.

Around 3-4 months into owning the system, I replaced the CPU, GPU and added two new drives- an SSD and a 7200RPM HDD, as well as some new peripherals. Things ran quite well from there, nothing out of the ordinary. However, as of late, the computer has been randomly restarting, usually under points of stress. Not particularly high stress, but stress nonetheless. Under normal operation, it has yet to randomly restart.

Looking up the issue, it seems like this sort of things occurs due to a failure in the PSU, causing it to not deliver/draw enough voltage to operate, which makes it subsequently shut down, and then immediately boot back up. I've already ordered a new power supply, as it just seemed like a good decision anyway for future dependability and expansion.

It should arrive in a couple days. In the event that the issue persist, what should I check next? Thanks for any input!