Question Random restarts under heavy load

Feb 19, 2020
Hey!

My pc has started to restart when playing games or doing stress tests. The first one was about a month ago while played rdr2 and the situation gets worse since. Sometimes it lasts 1-2 hours but mostly a few mins under load.
Things i tried to fix the problem:
-replaced psu
-replaced mobo
-replaced processor
-replaced gpu (rx580 to rx590)
-reinstalled windows

Neither of them helped.
The only way i could stable the system is replacing the gpu to a less power hungry unit (gtx 1050) or the Mobo’s in-build graphic worked too.

My system:

Psu: EVGA Supernova 650 G3
Mobo: Asrock Z370 Pro4
Proc: i5 8400 with kraken x52
Gpu: sapphire rx 580
Ram: Corsair vengeance Lpx 2x8Gb

Any idea? Im kinda desperate now

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
did look at the case do you have any top exhaust fan in also would try this remove front panel and made temp test on load to see how far it goes and if you dont have top fans i would after that also remove top panel and retest for temp thesse other 580 and 590 you did try they where test in another system to see what happens .

Feb 19, 2020
did look at the case do you have any top exhaust fan in also would try this remove front panel and made temp test on load to see how far it goes and if you dont have top fans i would after that also remove top panel and retest for temp thesse other 580 and 590 you did try they where test in another system to see what happens .
Both cards works fine in other systems
Krakens fans attached to the top of the case but i dont think its a heat issue since sometimes i can play for an hour without any problem, sometimes it restarts immidiately when the game is loaded. Same with stress tests sometimes can run it a few mins sometimes it restarts just after i hit start button. In these cases components dont have the time to heat up.