Oct 28, 2020
Hi guys,

I have been experiencing a lot of random restarts of my kinda budget build in more intense games like Shadow of War, Genshin Impact and Minecraft with Shaders.

So first of, here is my setup:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
  • GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2400MHz
  • Mainboard: ASRock B450M Pro4
  • PSU: Thermaltake TR2 S 500W

At first I thought that maybe my PSU wasnt able to supply enough power since I read online that this was a common cause of random restarts.
But after monitoring my CPU and GPU with MSI Afterburner for a while I didnt see too much power-usage.
But I did see that under some load my GPU would sometimes heat up to 70-75 C° which I thought might have been caused by my room being quite hot in the summer but now with my room being much colder the high temperature and the random restarts are still there.

I had been using the PC for about a quarter of a year without any problems and then suddenly about 2 months ago these random restarts started happening.

So I came here to ask what might be the cause of these random restarts might be and what possible solutions would be.
Any help would be much appreciated!

Solution
Hi guys,

I have been experiencing a lot of random restarts of my kinda budget build in more intense games like Shadow of War, Genshin Impact and Minecraft with Shaders.

At first I thought that maybe my PSU wasnt able to supply enough power since I read online that this was a common cause of random restarts.
But after monitoring my CPU and GPU with MSI Afterburner for a while I didnt see too much power-usage.
But I did see that under some load my GPU would sometimes heat up to 70-75 C° which I thought...
Hi guys,

But I did see that under some load my GPU would sometimes heat up to 70-75 C° which I thought might have been caused by my room being quite hot in the summer but now with my room being much colder the high temperature and the random restarts are still there.

I had been using the PC for about a quarter of a year without any problems and then suddenly about 2 months ago these random restarts started happening.

So I came here to ask what might be the cause of these random restarts might be and what possible solutions would be.
Any help would be much appreciated!
The most likely cause is the PSU, because of its low quality. It's actually quite bad and should be replaced at the earliest opportunity. A 500-550 watt model is fine for your needs, but it needs to be made from good quality components.

Solution
Oct 28, 2020
The most likely cause is the PSU, because of its low quality. It's actually quite bad and should be replaced at the earliest opportunity. A 500-550 watt model is fine for your needs, but it needs to be made from good quality components.
TR2 = garbage. Likely the cause of the restarts

Ok thank you! What PSU would you reccomend I get? Also are the temperatures I am getting normal?

I will do that. Thank you for your help!
If you give your budget and location I can help you pick a good model PSU. If you want to pick one yourself, use this list and choose something from tier A or B.

Oct 28, 2020
If you give your budget and location I can help you pick a good model PSU. If you want to pick one yourself, use this list and choose something from tier A or B.

I live in Austria and my max budget would be around 90€ Id say. But I think I would wait around until the Black Friday sales start so it can probably go a bit higher than that.