Question Random restarts with "Event ID 41" and "Task category 63" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 17, 2022
Hi, since December 3rd my PC has been randomly restarting. In event veiwer it says Event ID 41 and task catagory 63. It says "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." After it started doing this from dec 3rd, couple of days later I did a windows update to see if it fixes it. But it made it worse and I did a fresh install from USB of windows 11. It lowered the restarts because before after windows update it restarted every couple of seconds but after fresh install less but it still restarted. Then I disabled C-States and it lowered the restars even more. But it still restarts every single time you use it. And in the restart there is no blue screen of death. It's jsut goes blank and restarts. I checked off automatic restart to see if i can find a BSOD code but nope it restarts and no BSOD. I checked minidump files and again no dumpfiles.

My PC specs are:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz 12-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 10GB 10 GB Video Card
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P500A ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G6 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Monitor: LG 27GP850-B 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Monitor

Last edited:

xmanli

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
Could you tell me the exact settings?
Did you managed to solve your problem?
I found out in other forums that it seems the culprit is 5900x cpu, and a certain batch produced were having defects. And many owners returned for a refund or replacement.
How about yours ?
Please leave an update.

Dec 17, 2022
Did you managed to solve your problem?
I found out in other forums that it seems the culprit is 5900x cpu, and a certain batch produced were having defects. And many owners returned for a refund or replacement.
How about yours ?
Please leave an update.
Yeah, it’s the cpu 5900x. It was defective and I got it replaced and everything is fine and working for me now.

Reactions: xmanli
Status
Not open for further replies.