TJF

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2004

Ok, my problem first started with my applications crashing with memory access
errors, with one BSOD saying page fault in nonpaged area. I first suspected
the RAM. Then the computer seemed to start restarting itself at seemingly
random times. I have already ruled out viruses, spyware, etc. and I really
hate answers that always say check for viruses, etc. so I just don't want to
get any of those please. I had bought some replacement RAM anyways because I
already had plans to change out my memory. I tried that, and it just got
worse. My machine will either restart itself during the startup when it is
My motherboard finds no problems with any of my components and detects
everything fine. I flashed the BIOS and no change. I did get a few BSOD's
when troubleshooting, 2 that said irq not less than or equal and another page
fault in nonpaged area. I have not gotten any though in the last few days,
but it does occationally restart itself overnight when it is not doing
anything. I was told by one person that it could be my video card. The only
other thing I can think of is a power possibly. I should not be due to
overheating because it would sometimes restart itself right after startup and
sometimes be fine for hours. I wanted to try to get some feedback before I
start trying to replace hardware.

Thanks

Does any of this happen in safe mode?

I'd be suspecting the power supply honestly.

Matt Gibson - GSEC

=?Utf-8?B?VEpG?= wrote:

> My motherboard finds no problems with any of my components and detects
> everything fine. I flashed the BIOS and no change. I did get a few BSOD's

What exact feature in the bios flash did you need?

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

I had a similar problem, very strange.
I found that by disabling the onboard CPU cache (L1/L2) in BIOS made it work
fine, albiet slowwwwwwwwww.
The RAM on the CPU had failed.
A new CPU solved my problem.
--
A Professional Amatuer...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!