Question Random server disconnects

Jan 22, 2020
Hello all,

I have been having this issue for about the last few months now and it is absolutely driving me bonkers. About once every 1-2 hours in most online games I play, I will get disconnected from them for seemingly no apparent reason. Some examples include: World of Warcraft, League of Legends, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, and World of Tanks. I am at a University and these problems never happened while gaming at my house so it leads me to believe it's an issue with the campus network. The thing is, I have a few friends on campus who play the same things I do that do not experience any interrupts like me. The thing is, its not like my internet gets disconnected or anything, it's like a momentary blip disconnect and in some games I can just reconnect immediately but not every game allows that. Below is a list of things I have tried:

Updating my Ethernet driver
Rolling back my Ethernet driver
Using a Wi-Fi connection
Clean installing Windows 10
Running every game as Admin
Flushing DNS cache
Using a VPN

I know I may have to reach out to my campus network admins or whoever sets this stuff up, but I wanted to ask on here to see if there's any other troubleshooting steps I can take.

Thanks,

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS