Random short screen blackouts and blinking

Jan 14, 2019
Recently I noticed that something is wrong my screen, I noticed and short blackouts, short blinks or a mixture of both, no matter if it was when i was gaming or just browsing the web. I am using a 4K tv as my only display. My gpu and cpu temps are not reaching 60°C when gaming,usage is fine as well (cpu < 40%, gpu < 90%), I am not overclocking at the moment.

My specs:

cpu: i5 4690K
gpu: asus rog strix 1070 ti
mobo: z97x-ud5h
ram: 16gb 1600mhz ddr3
psu: 650 W

I did some troubleshooting before, used different hdmi ports and cables (I don't have access to any dvi or dp monitors or cables, and my gpu does not have a vga port) and reinstalled and updated nvidia drivers. I tried to change desktop resolution to 1080p, the blinks seemed less frequent but I might be wrong. Later the blinking got worse, more frequent. After not using my computer for a few minutes, there was no video output at all, had to restart my pc with the power switch. I bought my gpu around 8 months ago.

Edit: [video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j62DjMiqIgg&feature=youtu.be"][/video]
The above is a video that shows what exactly is happenning (i'm not sure if "Random short screen blackouts and blinking" is an accurate way to describe it). Either this is happening or 1-2 second blackouts.

Any ideas what could be the cause for the problem? thanks in advance.