Mar 24, 2019
I have done extensive research on my part but still can't find a solution. I've updated all drivers (have NOT uninstalled drivers and reinstalled manually yet), I checked for windows updates and installed the updates (this solved the issue for a day or so), I put all my fans on full blast 100% of the time in case it was a cooling issue. Im not sure how hot it was running before but now my CPU runs at 20-40 Celsius while gaming and my gpu stays at 45-60 Celsius while gaming. My PC only shuts down while gaming. It doesn't shut down fully the screen just turns black and the PC stays on or other times it just fully reboots. I've never recieved a blue screen. It just goes dark and the on button becomes unresponsive on my case.

I heard it may be a PSU issue but PcPartpicker says my power supply should be good enough.

What should I try next?
Specs:
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/omgitscrispygamer/saved/9ZGvnQ

Mar 24, 2019
How old is that PSU? Have you ruled out a faulty/failing PSU by sourcing a similar branded, reliably built PSU and powering the entire system that has at least 750W at it's disposal.
the psu is about 2 -3 years old (everything is i bought it all together). I haven't tried sourcing a similar psu yet. seems like an expensive step :(. Also the power supply recently has had those issues. I'm not sure if it was after a power surge (all the power went off on the block) so that might be a cause.

Mar 24, 2019
I just had a shutdown now. I checked system reliability and I only recieved a error stating "system shut down unexpectedly". my temps were cool: GPU was @ 40-43 Celsius and cpu was at 29 celcius. That rules out any temp issues i presume.

Also my memory/RAM seems to be maxed 100% of the time could that be a possible cause?

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2019
UPDATE:
Found a Kernel-Power Crital Error right before crashing that states "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." :

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 6

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000400000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2019-03-24T14:01:59.427730800Z

EventRecordID 12402

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer DESKTOP-099MTRG

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 0
BugcheckParameter1 0x0
BugcheckParameter2 0x0
BugcheckParameter3 0x0
BugcheckParameter4 0x0
SleepInProgress 0
PowerButtonTimestamp 0
BootAppStatus 0
Checkpoint 0
ConnectedStandbyInProgress false
SystemSleepTransitionsToOn 1
CsEntryScenarioInstanceId 0
BugcheckInfoFromEFI false
CheckpointStatus 0

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it safe to diagnose a PSU issue since there was a Kernal-Power ciritcal error right before it crashed? Should I try to find a new psu?