Intel I7-8700
EVGA FTW3 ULTRA GTX 3080
16gb ram 2400mhz
2tb HDD
1tb HDD
120gb SSD
512gb SSD
Corsair RM 750x

It doesn't happen consistently but every day or 2/3 days my computer will randomly shut off and restart itself instantly and I cannot for the life of me figure out why. Sometimes it has happened when I am in a game(not even taxing to the system) and sometimes it just happens when I am scrolling through something on Google Chrome. This began after I had my 3080 and new PSU installed. Under Event viewer I can see Kernel Power Event ID 41 with the following after the issues occurs:

EventData

BugcheckCode0

BugcheckParameter10x0

BugcheckParameter20x0

BugcheckParameter30x0

BugcheckParameter40x0

SleepInProgress0

PowerButtonTimestamp0

BootAppStatus0

Checkpoint0

ConnectedStandbyInProgressfalse

SystemSleepTransitionsToOn0

CsEntryScenarioInstanceId0

BugcheckInfoFromEFIfalse

CheckpointStatus0

CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV20

LongPowerButtonPressDetectedfalse

Solution
My first thought would be a psu problem. There are lots of people reporting problems with their PSU’s and the 3000 series. From what I read it has to do with the PSU’s transient response performance being insufficient causing voltage fluctuations.
My first thought would be a psu problem. There are lots of people reporting problems with their PSU’s and the 3000 series. From what I read it has to do with the PSU’s transient response performance being insufficient causing voltage fluctuations.

Solution

Jabes2345

Distinguished
May 18, 2014
I have the exact same issue. I don't think it's the power supply because before, I had a Corsair CX550M powering a 1070, then a 3070. I then switched to a XPG Core Reactor 750W and it's still doing it (happened on both PSUs)