[SOLVED] random shutdown

Apr 1, 2020
Hi, a few days ago, the fan of the cpu cooler began to whine, but due to work, i had no time to go buy a new one, yesterday my pc began to randomly shutdown, and restart, i'm pretty sure the fan is the problem, but cheking the temps in msi afterburner, it seems fine, a little high, but not significant, and i haven't run any games, just to be sure, just watching youtube

i have a core I5 4690, and the cooler is a Cooler Master Geminii M4

i don't really know if i need to post more information

Solution
a little update, today i bought a new fan, so, i tested it, and the same happened, i really thought my cpu was dead, but i tried it with another motherboard i had lying around, and it worked just fine, now i'm pretty sure the first motherboard is dead, but i don't know if there's a way to fix it, or if it's better to toss it
i think the only 2 thing you can fix in a motherboard are bent pins (if ur using a intel motherboard) and to replace capacitors,so i think you will have to toss it.
the pc was shutting off and restarting,because of a CPU overheat.CPU's do that so they dont overheat and die,but it can still die.The fan was not working properly,so that caused the overheating issue.
If you can boot up your pc,just replace the CPU cooler,if you cant boot with your cpu,then it might overheated and died

Sep 14, 2020
Based on your issue, you are having a cpu overheating, the problem can be solve with the following solutions:

1. Clean the cpu cooler fans and also the radiator, overheating may occur when the radiator is clogged with dirt.

2. Remove the cpu cooler (Your Cooler Master Gemini M4) and clean up the cpu cooler same as step 1, and apply a new thermal paste. When applying a new thermal paste, please follow this steps

*Steps on applying a new thermal paste
1A. Grab a cloth or a cotton and Isopropyl Alcohol (80% & Above) Higher percentage of Isopropyl Content is better and more friendly with electronics.
2A. Wipe down the paste on the processor and the cpu cooler.
3A. Apply a new thermal paste with the right amount on the processor, don’t overdue it.
*Please always use a high end thermal paste such as Noctua, Arctic MX, or Thermal Grizzly, never ever settle with generic Thermal Paste.
4A. Put back the cpu cooler.
5A. Run a Stress Test

3. If ever that you have a external GPU on your computer, overheating GPU may also cause a computer to randomly shutdown or restart, you can follow the steps also on repasting the GPU Processor.

Apr 1, 2020
a little update, today i bought a new fan, so, i tested it, and the same happened, i really thought my cpu was dead, but i tried it with another motherboard i had lying around, and it worked just fine, now i'm pretty sure the first motherboard is dead, but i don't know if there's a way to fix it, or if it's better to toss it

i think the only 2 thing you can fix in a motherboard are bent pins (if ur using a intel motherboard) and to replace capacitors,so i think you will have to toss it.

Solution