• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Random Shutdowns

Jun 25, 2020
I'm having an issue with my PC where it will randomly shutdown. It doesn't blue screen or boot back up it just completely blacks-out, in fact the mobo lights and power button will both remain lit, the only way to turn it back on is to flip the power supply switch on and off. This usually occurs mid-game and has happened in many games so that leads me to believe it isn't the game. I have tried just about everything i can think of or have found online to fix it to no avail. I think it could be a power supply defect but cant test that without buying a new one (the power supply has worked fine for almost a year). Any input would be appreciated. Aorus b450-i, ryzen 5 3600x, trident-z rgb 16gb, gigabyte rx 5700, cooler master mwe 650w

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS