[SOLVED] Random Spikes in Gpu(Geforce 1060 6GB)

itayzargof2

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
Hello I was hoping someone can Shine a light or give me a few suggestion what can be done :)
So I've noticed in the last couple weeks my GPU can Jump to 1556MHz and the GPU memory will go to 4006MHZ.
Now it will always jump to this exact number whenever I'm using browser or watch video.
Sometimes it will stay stuck for a minute or 2 on this numbers and Temp will increase almost to 38-40 Sometimes during this stage.
When Idle GPU temps between 30-34,and CPU 27-32.
Things I tried to Solve this issue(Re-sit the GPU,Clean the area the best I can,Reinstall Driver)
The GPU not OC at the moment but I've saved profiles in MSI.
my Memory is on XMP profile if it has anything to do with it.
Spec(CPU I7-6700,GPU Geforce 1060 6GB,Memory 8GBx2 DDR3,MOBO Asus maximus VII Ranger)

Will appreciate any Feedback thank you ! :)

Solution
Firstable Thanks for the Suggestion ! :) I did Change and Restart,Spikes still going up to this numbers and will stay same as it was for a minute or 2 Every time I open an application.
my Power plant on "High performance" do you think it maybe affect it too?
it shouldn't
you could try these:
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 8 on yours) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios(download, extract the files and copy it to flashdrive, plug it on top rear usb slot then reboot to bios and...
Hello I was hoping someone can Shine a light or give me a few suggestion what can be done :)
So I've noticed in the last couple weeks my GPU can Jump to 1556MHz and the GPU memory will go to 4006MHZ.
Now it will always jump to this exact number whenever I'm using browser or watch video.
Sometimes it will stay stuck for a minute or 2 on this numbers and Temp will increase almost to 38-40 Sometimes during this stage.
When Idle GPU temps between 30-34,and CPU 27-32.
Things I tried to Solve this issue(Re-sit the GPU,Clean the area the best I can,Reinstall Driver)
The GPU not OC at the moment but I've saved profiles in MSI.
my Memory is on XMP profile if it has anything to do with it.
Spec(CPU I7-6700,GPU Geforce 1060 6GB,Memory 8GBx2 DDR3,MOBO Asus maximus VII Ranger)

Will appreciate any Feedback thank you ! :)
Go to NVCP then to Manage 3d settings, and change power management to adaptive. then restart the pc.

itayzargof2

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
Go to NVCP then to Manage 3d settings, and change power management to adaptive. then restart the pc.
Firstable Thanks for the Suggestion ! :) I did Change and Restart,Spikes still going up to this numbers and will stay same as it was for a minute or 2 Every time I open an application.

it shouldn't
you could try these:
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 8 on yours) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios(download, extract the files and copy it to flashdrive, plug it on top rear usb slot then reboot to bios and flash the bios). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver, reboot and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and manual tune the timing if you want), make sure your ram is on slot 2 and 4. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1,

Reactions: itayzargof2
Solution

itayzargof2

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
it shouldn't
you could try these:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios(download, extract the files and copy it to flashdrive, plug it on top rear usb slot then reboot to bios and flash the bios). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver, reboot and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and manual tune the timing if you want), make sure your ram is on slot 2 and 4. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1
Thank you So much For helping out I managed to Figure out A fix for this issue.
I Decided to Install an Old Version of the Bios,While I did that I also Reseated the GPU on Different PCI slot.
It no longer Get stuck at this Numbers,maybe the PSU Wasn't Delivering properly Power to this Slot or it wasn't A good slot not sure.
I will Keep your Solution as well in Case this thing ever happen Again tyvm ! :)
I will Update My Bios and will Check again if it had anything to do with it and not the Slot itself.