[SOLVED] Random stutters and freezes in windows 10

Muntashir Rahman

Honorable
Jan 26, 2015
Suddenly my PC was stuttering and freezing randomly . I had all of my windows update disabled . Thought it can be an issue due to this .

That's why I had downloaded Windows 10 Pro X64 2004 (May 2020) from Torrent and used Rufus to boot it in my pendrive .

Faced some issues during the installation and accidentally I had formatted my hard drive .

And now I am here still facing those same issues .

I had checked my HDD read & write speed , both are fine .

Tried some fixes from the YouTube but nothing fixed it properly .

Added AHCI_Link_Power_Management-HIPM-DIPM_to_Power_Options to regedit and it has reduced the stuttering issues a bit ( In games it's pretty much the same )

Note - My pc never got restarted or windows never crashed after those stutters/freezes .
No massages due to those stutters/crashes too .

There is another thing that my PC was taking a long time to boot up ( not always ) and sometimes it was asking for a boot drive ( like it can't find my windows/HDD ) and I had to restart and it had fixed it .
Mainly that's why I thought it's an issue with my windows .

Haven't faced this issue in the current version of windows .

And usually mouse never lags . ( when I was installing COD MW2 Remastered , the installation process took nearly 1 hr and whenever I was trying to check the installation progress , the whole system was lagging )
And I feel like all other installations are taking a bit extra time too .

I had never faced any type of freezing or stuttering problem in my PC before and using it for 4+ years .

My PC config -

i5 6500 3.2ghz

8gb ddr4 2400mhz

Sapphire R9 380X 4gb gddr5

Seagate 1TB HDD

Monitor Dell S2216H

Thank you very much .

Solution
Ok let me stop at this.

"Suddenly my PC was stuttering and freezing randomly . I had all of my windows update disabled . Thought it can be an issue due to this .

That's why I had downloaded Windows 10 Pro X64 2004 (May 2020) from Torrent and used Rufus to boot it in my pendrive."

Downloaded from torrent? Why? You have no idea what you just installed. If you want a LEGIT version of Windows 10 you have to download the Windows Media Creation Tool from Microsoft and you can make a USB drive with the most recent Windows with that tool.
Ok let me stop at this.

"Suddenly my PC was stuttering and freezing randomly . I had all of my windows update disabled . Thought it can be an issue due to this .

That's why I had downloaded Windows 10 Pro X64 2004 (May 2020) from Torrent and used Rufus to boot it in my pendrive."

Downloaded from torrent? Why? You have no idea what you just installed. If you want a LEGIT version of Windows 10 you have to download the Windows Media Creation Tool from Microsoft and you can make a USB drive with the most recent Windows with that tool.

Solution