[SOLVED] Random stutters with new gpu

Kojine

Reputable
May 27, 2017
Hey guys, so few days ago I bought nvidia gtx 1650 super Gigabyte version. I've played couple of games fps is much higher than my amd r9 270x previous one, but I noticed that like every couple of minutes there are just these screen freezes, stutters, I don't know how to explain. I always play games at low settings, seems like temperature is not the problem. I've made a video with my pc stats during these freezes below. And it seems like it's happening in every game.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmXDg-XW-xU

My pc parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XYp2Gc
Cpu: amd ryzen 5 1600
gpu: gtx 1650 super Gigabyte
psu: RM 550x

Any idea what's causing this ? I can do something more to give you guys more information, just tell me.

Thank you in advance.

Solution
curious that it may be Voltage related..

I built a brand new PC in February I had two Voltage factors impacting my graphics making them stutter...

Issue one, the GPU had TWO power pins required.. there is something about how much a SINGLE CABLE can carry so even though the cable has multiple tips it cant really send max power to each. I had to use two seperate cables one for each pin to get proper power flow and stop the stutter.

I also had the wrong APC unit sent from amazon and it was a 900w not the 1000w and they need 20% slack space in wattage beyond what they actually consume, are you connected directly to wall or using APC?
Your GPU lists as needing 350w and your PSU is 550w.

The next things beyond that you could possibly...
Does it happen only in online games?
Is it possible to be network related... it seems like network packages lost...
If its happening on offline games also, you can try and reinstall nvidia drivers.|
Install DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and under Windows safe mode uninstall Nvidia Drivers with DDU, and install them again, also you can try with different versions Nvidia Drivers to see if the driver itself is causing the problem.

Reactions: Nemesia

Kojine

Reputable
May 27, 2017
Does it happen only in online games?
Is it possible to be network related... it seems like network packages lost...
If its happening on offline games also, you can try and reinstall nvidia drivers.|
Install DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and under Windows safe mode uninstall Nvidia Drivers with DDU, and install them again, also you can try with different versions Nvidia Drivers to see if the driver itself is causing the problem.
I did uninstall drivers with DDU yesterday. Alright just played GTA5 singleplayer for 20-30 minutes, surprisingly I think I didn't experience any stutters. So I think you might be actually correct that itcould be something with network. I'm using a router for wifi, so maybe that could be the problem ? Should I try to directly plug the internet cable into my computer ? Or what do I do.
My internet speed - https://prnt.sc/sl2zu3

I did uninstall drivers with DDU yesterday. Alright just played GTA5 singleplayer for 20-30 minutes, surprisingly I think I didn't experience any stutters. So I think you might be actually correct that itcould be something with network. I'm using a router for wifi, so maybe that could be the problem ? Should I try to directly plug the internet cable into my computer ? Or what do I do.
Yes try with cable please.

Apr 4, 2020
Dont think the speed is the issue, i think plugging the ethernet cable into your pc is going to be more consistent

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
One way to rule out (or verify) network latency, is if you ask someone in the same game to watch you run back & forth and (assuming it happens to you while they're watching you) ask if it appears as if you're teleporting back & forth.

I know you show the scoreboard at the beginning and your ping seems to be decent (45), if you enable, i think "netgraph 1" then run around while keeping an eye on your ping the whole time see if it spikes when you notice the teleporting/lagging

Hurk

Prominent
Dec 4, 2019

I built a brand new PC in February I had two Voltage factors impacting my graphics making them stutter...

Issue one, the GPU had TWO power pins required.. there is something about how much a SINGLE CABLE can carry so even though the cable has multiple tips it cant really send max power to each. I had to use two seperate cables one for each pin to get proper power flow and stop the stutter.

I also had the wrong APC unit sent from amazon and it was a 900w not the 1000w and they need 20% slack space in wattage beyond what they actually consume, are you connected directly to wall or using APC?

The next things beyond that you could possibly look into is settings, do you have G-sync enabled on your monitor? HDR? what is your monitors resolution and hertz set to?

I am thinking as the issue appeared short after the new GPU was installed it may the a setting related issue for you, I also run Nvidia I had some issues streaming due to HDR, as well as some games stutter due to G-sync.
I am using a 2080ti.

Hope this helps, get back on and tell us what you find.

Solution

Kojine

Reputable
May 27, 2017

The next things beyond that you could possibly look into is settings, do you have G-sync enabled on your monitor? HDR? what is your monitors resolution and hertz set to?

I am thinking as the issue appeared short after the new GPU was installed it may the a setting related issue for you, I also run Nvidia I had some issues streaming due to HDR, as well as some games stutter due to G-sync.
I am using a 2080ti.

Hope this helps, get back on and tell us what you find.
Ok , didn't have that much time these couple of days but played 2 valorant games and didn't feel any big stutters,I hope it's because i plugged another power pin in. My PSU had like two 4 pin connectors, and one of them was like an extension if that makes sense which I used to plug in. Now I plugged in the other one, and so far it seems to be working normally. Gonna do some more testing tho. Thanks man, you helped me quite a lot :)